Rangers on top

Denver

Ranger Department

You heard me, not BCSO or LSPD, but Rangers on top, which brings me to my first point of this topic. Even though the Ranger certification isn't that active yet, I feel like the Ranger certification should become a separate department so that people interested in doing Ranger roleplay don't have to go through actual police work if they don't want to. The Ranger department would have an easier training than BCSO or LSPD, but certifications to allow for more.
Let me just explain how the Ranger Department would work.

• Ranks
    Unlike LSPD or BCSO we wouldn't have Cadet all the way up to Captain, but instead we would have the following (listed from high to low)
    - Snr Ranger
    - Supervising Ranger
    - Ranger
  • You may wonder, but Rangers would still need the power to arrest all of that, well yes, but actually no.
    I feel like the power to arrest and process should be limited to a certification, if no one with the certification is around, police would be called to the location to handle the arrest. Rangers would be able to get the "Process" certification to be able to arrest people. A ranger that is either BCSO or LSPD would automatically get the certification.
  • Dialing rangers
    Oh no! Someone is poaching, what would I possibly do! I know, I will call the LSPD or BCSO to come deal with petty stuff like wildlife while they probably don't even know the laws surrounding wildlife...
    WRONG! Let's dial the Ranger department though the police option in your phone so that the proper professional can do what they are best at.

I 100% feel like this would increase the number of Rangers onduty at all times, and increase the RP for hunters.

Vehicles

With the previous point of Ranger becoming a department I feel there should be a new fleet of vehicles that can be used by Rangers to patrol the hunting grounds and other parks.

These are all of my suggestions for now, but I will add more if I can think of more.

• Like 4

+1

I've said it once, I'll say it a thousand times again: I'd love to see EMS Search and Rescue teams integrated with Rangers!

As a plus, almost all of our SAR members are flight certified, so it would be great to lend some life-flight support to our ranger friends.

• Like 2

Park Rangers in the US have the same authority as any other police officer.  Interesting concept but given the seemingly lack of interest in the Park Ranger cert I don't know how worthwhile this would be.

I wouldn't be against it - but I feel like if they had reduced training requirements but were limited to crimes that occured in a park (but can pursue outside the park) and would not focus on other crimes outside their jurisdiction.

It may not be worth the resources however.

Edited by Brendan Thomson