Gun Change

Currently, the new gun change, states you can only buy two weapons per day.
Either you can buy 1 illegal and one legal, or 2 illegal/2 legal.

It doesn't make sense if you are going to an illegal dealer and are only able to buy two. I and many others believe it should be raised a bit to allow more room.

The gun change hasn't done anything except to make people stockpile weapons. I'm honestly curious what the staff team's view on this was, was this to stop the amount of gunplay?

Either way, it just feels as though it could use a bit of an increase

I'm not a staff member at all, but I think one of the main reasons they done it is because of Danny's joining the city and just shooting. Multiple people have said they love the new rule.

Also, it does make sense in a real life situation as well, no way you'd ever buy more than 2 guns a day IRL. 

I love the rule in my opinion!

1 hour ago, HwRusty said:

I'm not a staff member at all, but I think one of the main reasons they done it is because of Danny's joining the city and just shooting. Multiple people have said they love the new rule.

Also, it does make sense in a real life situation as well, no way you'd ever buy more than 2 guns a day IRL. 

I love the rule in my opinion!

Can say this is 100 percent not true… I’ve purchased 3 in a day, which is only because I didn’t feel like paying for two background checks and filling out two forms. 

‘Merica

• Like 1

I dont think the change is bad in any way. If you're legal you shouldn't need to buy a gun every day anyways, let alone more than 2 a day.

If you're illegal and you have a criminal record, realistically seen you shouldn't be able to get a gun from a gunstore anyways, so limiting it to 2 a day ain't a bad thing.

Will it stop Danny's from getting guns? No. And I dont think that was the intention of this change either.

I think the change was put in to move away from the mechanical side of things and open up more room for RP with firearms.

I don't see any negatives about the update, only good things.

Edited by Lion_Luke

I have to agree also. I think this limit on purchasing 2 a day is very good.

Wherer intended or not it does help with multiple things all in one. Results in more RP in terms of you dont have a stock pile you need a gun but cant buy therefor you need to RP with somone to get you a gun or sell you one of theirs. It helps limit the number of guns a new person just flying in and shooting up people are able to get their hands on. It helps reduce if people are just chain robbing been caught multiple times by police had their guns taken it helps limit how many times they can do that back to back etc. I think it also brings about that bit of fear or additional thought process to the person on if its worth to do whatthey were going to in fear of losing their gun and not bein able to replace it rest of the day.

@Sierra I see your point from an rp perspective that you would be able to buy as many illegal guns as the blackmarket dealer could sell.

The choice to limit was made for the variety of reasons  everyone has provided above including for people with a seized firearm license. The hoarding that you say is occurring is at a much smaller scale now than literally having your friend go buy you 100 legal or illegal guns at a time to stockpile in cars.