Add pictures to ID Cards

Ethman

Lately I've seen a lot of people using fake ID's and things like that when trying to buy a car at LSC (ID's of other people). I know it goes with some RP, you guys are crims in all. I think it could be an idea to add pictures of civilians to the ID card. I know there are some images of the character that you can pull straight from GTA, so I see no issue making this reality. Only thing is I know it could remove some RP for criminals, and I would not want that to happen. I just want to see the feedback I get on this and see what people think. All in all just making the ID just a bit more realistic. CNx5i13.png

Edited by Ethman
  • Like 1

This is on the list, but the issue is that ped shot you see is dynamic, and we don't have an easy way of making a "copy" of it. The problem was either the IDs showed who's holding it, or shows a realtime view of the other person, or nothing if logged out. On the never ending list to look at again. 

5 minutes ago, CrackyMcDoogal said:

I'm not understanding how you can meta an ID card?

As rizz stated earlier, the player of the Id card if stolen would still be shown In the picture but not the person in possession, Thus making it useless for things like store robberies, etc. 

I remember when the change happend, it was to allow more rp opportunities to use the id card

Edited by Sierra

Not having a picture vs having one on the ID wouldn't really make a difference in a store robbery anyway because PD doesn't check your ID when you get arrested anyway. When they take you in they scan your finger print. If I have a random license in my pocket when I hit a store and get arrested it doesn't do me any good anyway. Personally I say +1 to having a pic on the licenses or faction ID cards. I like the idea. Either way picture or not it doesn't matter when you get arrested, PD still gonna figure out who you are. 

• Like 1