Remove Wheelie Ability On Vehicles

TheT

I just wondering why every time the crims figure out a way to get away all the cops have issues with it. They can use super cars and helicopters for stuff but when we do we lose them so we are usually using vehicles that are  not usually better than the cops vehicles even the cops motorcycles can go off road and not every vehicle that is used can but now there is a problem with vehicles that can pop wheelies it just sounds sad why not just take everything away and make people run around on foot 

• Like 3

I think the excuse that cop cars are better is just a load of crap. I have driven all of the normal fleet vehicles for LSPD. If you can't get away, you just need to drive better. Using your car to wheelie over an entire wall makes zero sense and is completely unrealistic tactic to lose cops. Just drive better, honestly. 

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Someguy said:

I just wondering why every time the crims figure out a way to get away all the cops have issues with it. They can use super cars and helicopters for stuff but when we do we lose them so we are usually using vehicles that are  not usually better than the cops vehicles even the cops motorcycles can go off road and not every vehicle that is used can but now there is a problem with vehicles that can pop wheelies it just sounds sad why not just take everything away and make people run around on foot 

Figuring out away to get away is not an issue, it’s when it’s completely cheesy that there’s an in issue. In no way should a chase by someone doing a wheely over a wall or something along those lines that’s incredibly unrealistic and has no counter for the police to use. Evading police should be done by using strategy and skill and not cheesy instant escape methods. With that being said I don’t think wheelies should be removed but maybe adjusted in away that greatly reduces that speed that they can achieve or something that will prevent the vehicle from being able to get over an obstacle it other wise wouldn’t be able too. I’m also a fan of if you wheely over something unrealistically and get caught, the car gets siezed. 

+1 to an extent. if we can remove the wheelie capabilities without absolutely destroying the car im with it. i agree it is a unrealistic way to get away from the cops and quite annoying tbh. and lets be real as cop cars are slightly better and we do have interceptors and helis but it is a lot easier to run then it is to chase. i completely agree with richie. it should be done by strategy and skill. 

I get the point of using it in a cheesy way and as crims are always told put a report in but the only thing that is ever said is we need to do away with this completely and punish everybody not hold the people accountable who do the stupid unrealistic stuff. And it just gets old seeing the same stuff said about stuff on here. I don’t post very often on here but I constantly see posts where we need to do away with this because of people cheesing it. No hold the people doing the cheesy stuff accountable. I know I have had staff talk to me about stuff that I didn’t even think was cheesy but guess what I stopped doing it and that was that

• Like 1

1 hour ago, shotbykilo said:

Cops cry about anything that allows the criminals to get away. They hate losing.

Sad that you feel this way. Seeing as this is a forum to discuss issues and ways to fix them, so as a community we can get better and make everyone happy the best way that we all can. Your comment brings absolutely nothing to the table. 

I'm a +1 as long as it does not destroy the vehicles ( Handling, Speed, Acceleration ) that are able to do the wheelies. 

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, shotbykilo said:

Being LSPD of course that's something you'd say.

What does him being LSPD have to do with anything. He's correct this is a place to bring ideas and solutions to the table as a community. You being rude to people doesn't give ideas or solutions or suggestions, it brings nothing to the table when you wanna be rude. I'm a DOC supervisor, I don't even go on chases but I will for sure give a +1 to removing wheelies in muscle cars, I think it's abused way to much. 

• Like 3

How about we leave the wheelies and crack down on vehicle seizures to the point where people stop with cheesy tactics? Multiple swaps in a chase? Vehicle gets seized until the owner can prove they weren’t involved. Vehicle wheelies over walls? Seized when we finally catch you. start seizing vehicles and this stuff might stop… instead of taking things away we just need to be better at using what is available to us to fight these issues… maybe a seizure notice in the cad… someone gets pulled over with a vehicle marked for seizure and we take it, kind of like how warrants work 

• Like 1

Removing the mechanic removes the enjoyment that some have with actually using the wheelie to show off their vehicles and greatly undermines the reason people buy muscle cars. I think a compromise would be to vastly remove the speed gained during the actual launch while keeping the wheelie. That way some momentum is lost during the barrier "hop" if people did try it.

I am also more on the stance that it's not generally normal to wheelie into barriers and other concrete locations and survive. So therefore doing it to escape is a clear meta that should be handled on a case by case basis and not punish the people use the vehicles to have fun with. 

Taking a hardline approach and removing the mechanic will just push people into other fast cars and motorcycles to escape, then those vehicles will become a case of "we need to remove XXX because people are using it too much to run away". 

• Like 1

-1 Gangsters love wheelies. 

+1 Hopping over a wall during a pursuit is not RP, is not viable in real life, (odds of getting stuck and not making it with a huge ton vehicle going at 10 mph, which also kind of makes this against server rules). It is a simple get away from police. I chased a car that did this over the same little barrier, 5 times in a pursuit, what?

Seize the cars, punish the people, but no need to take away from people genuinely enjoying it. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I think using the wheelie to escape cops probably falls under UGP.

You must not perform actions which would pose a significant threat to your life in situations, nor actions which you would not realistically perform in the real world.

I see no reason to actually remove the mechanic because the way I see it, it's already against the rules.

cops do it on the motorcycle all the time to chase me... I have had a cop literally wheelie over a 4ft wall and down a 10ft drop to follow me while i was on foot..  its not the cars that is the problem its the people who do it.... I feel like cops are the only ones complaining about everything all the time tho.. if crims complained maybe shit would change.. like the fact every police unit goes 170mph and interceptor does 190+... a interceptor shouldn't be showing up to a local car getting stolen its just broken your chasing a non upgraded car that has shit handling with a supercar that nearly does 200mph. a crim car goes 135mph and handles good and cops complain cause they cant catch them because the cop cars are so fast that the ones driving them cant control them and they crash out. the whole system needs reworked tbh cop cars are too fast for cops to say anything about crim cars or bikes ...

On 9/15/2022 at 4:01 PM, xvwvx said:

cops do it on the motorcycle all the time to chase me... I have had a cop literally wheelie over a 4ft wall and down a 10ft drop to follow me while i was on foot..  its not the cars that is the problem its the people who do it.... I feel like cops are the only ones complaining about everything all the time tho.. if crims complained maybe shit would change.. like the fact every police unit goes 170mph and interceptor does 190+... a interceptor shouldn't be showing up to a local car getting stolen its just broken your chasing a non upgraded car that has shit handling with a supercar that nearly does 200mph. a crim car goes 135mph and handles good and cops complain cause they cant catch them because the cop cars are so fast that the ones driving them cant control them and they crash out. the whole system needs reworked tbh cop cars are too fast for cops to say anything about crim cars or bikes ...

Have you ever driven a police vehicle?

17 hours ago, Richie Jax said:

Have you ever driven a police vehicle?

yes ive driven them all ? ive done 180 in a mustang unit with a tire blown out still able to control the car lol.. i have driven almost all of them and they all compare to super cars .. my supercar slides on corners tho.

1 hour ago, xvwvx said:

yes ive driven them all ? ive done 180 in a mustang unit with a tire blown out still able to control the car lol.. i have driven almost all of them and they all compare to super cars .. my supercar slides on corners tho.

https://www.twitch.tv/damen57/clip/TubularResilientGiraffeM4xHeh-chAIZkrguVNDtjnc?filter=clips&range=30d&sort=time

Ah yes, supercar stability.

• Haha 2

5 hours ago, xvwvx said:

You had me untill “they all compare to super cars”

• Like 1