SUGGESTION: Weazel News Crew

There can often be issues in-game with people using OOC to announce deaths and hostile areas. Which inevitably leads to people meta-gaming.
Tweeting does work but not everyone does it and you're not going to tweet that you got shot AFTER you died...

So, maybe we could have a job/role that is the Weazel News team. Their purpose being to find the hot spot areas and RP news reports.
E.g. "Shots fired @Weed Farm, 2 gun men identified.", or "Multiple civilians injured in a hit & run in Vinewood". 
I think with proper RP it could become something useful and enjoyable. Weazel news could coordinate with the LSPD, do interviews with attending officers and give LSPD approved statements....
"Police advise civilians to avoid the area of ____, reports of active shooter". 

Perhaps it is a requirement to have recording abilities.... making Weazel News even more valuable regarding disputes. Their footage could be considered admissible as evidence in cases of RDM and such. This would add an RP element to these arguments.

To enforce their importance and keep the role legit, it would most likely be best as a white-listed  role. It may also be necessary to have serious punishment for anyone who kills a member of the press. 
This does have RP validity as it would be considered protection of the media. 

Some mechanic details and ideas...

Vehicle: Rumpo (Weazel News Skin) - already purchasable in game, maybe just make it like a bit more expensive to purchase and class it as a work vehicle.

RP Emotes: Using the "Film" emote and "Camera Emote" could suffice as a RP representation of the job but ideally some form of script with an equippable film camera (as opposed to the camera phone emote).

While i like the idea i dont think it will change the behavior of people using ooc for complaining and the heavy meta problem. People have gotten so used to whining and threatening other players and whether in the right or wrong we dont want that behavior. /ooc is for asking questions and getting help. There will be more moderation for this behavior as the dust settles and hopefully we can clean it up.

Copy that.

I do agree and certainly was not thinking that this would in any way 'solve' the issues at hand. The serious RP'ers definitely do appreciate the efforts you guys are going to in order to address the on-going OOC / Meta infractions.

I would still like to keep my idea in place as a suggestion for future game implementation if for nothing more than another role to play in game, providing there's enough support and interest of course. 

1 hour ago, NecroticRed said:

Copy that.

I do agree and certainly was not thinking that this would in any way 'solve' the issues at hand. The serious RP'ers definitely do appreciate the efforts you guys are going to in order to address the on-going OOC / Meta infractions.

I would still like to keep my idea in place as a suggestion for future game implementation if for nothing more than another role to play in game, providing there's enough support and interest of course. 

Definitely think it could be a cool role play addition. Those emotes should already be available for use and you can buy a van and take it out of garage a few times to get weasel news skin. This is technically something you may be able to accomplish currently. If we continue to grow and as a result put up a whitelisted server i can definitely see more direct support for the idea to get fleshed out.

i think its a great idea with lots of potential in terms of rp. maybe they could also report in-game the new additions to the city in terms of job opportunities, real-estate, whatever is being worked on that is mentioned in the forums. it would be interesting to see how they translate some of the technical servery stuff that would affect the in-game life experience :P