Bonus buck days

dK_

I know a lot of comments have been made about grinding vs RP, and how people just don’t do certain jobs anymore because they don’t feel like it’s worth it. I was thinking what if there was a way to buff certain jobs for a couple days during the week (IE for two days one week meth and scuba get a 1.5x money payout, the next week for two days it could be peaches and gold). I feel like this could be a good way to encourage people to do less popular jobs (I imagine it was hard work implementing this so it’d be nice if people use them) and also, maybe I’m wrong on this one but create a little more RP because maybe the money you could grind out in a week would only take a couple of days so you could spend the rest of the week focusing on RP stuff rather then the constant grind to get the fancy new car or apartment you want. Sorry for any grammar or spelling errors as I typed this on my phone. I’d also like to just state that the money grind doesn’t bother me too much I come from playing super grindy games, so I usually spend a handful of hours during the week on the money grind and the rest of my play time Civ or EMS RPing, this was just a shower thought I had.

Edited by Dkas10
  • Like 2

2 problems with this.

1. Players will only do the “buffed” jobs. This will actually make the problem you’re describing worse, in that all of the players will be gathered at those spots.

2. More in response to Louie, if cops know that a certain drug is buffed, there’s going to be a lot of complaints about meta when someone gets caught doing that drug.

Well like i said, it wouldn't be an everyday thing, just 1 or two days a week a certain job would get buffed and that would be it for the week. I get what you're saying though, i'm also sure something like this would be a pain to manage and balance correctly

Another issue i foresee if you buff the drugs, most of the regulars on the server are either EMS or PD or both. If a day comes where drugs are buffed, the first thing people would do is check the Discord channel to see which server police are mainly on and go to the one with less or no cops. 

If you buff jobs i would suggest buffing the legal ones if it can be balanced.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, AtomicGinger said:

Another issue i foresee if you buff the drugs, most of the regulars on the server are either EMS or PD or both. If a day comes where drugs are buffed, the first thing people would do is check the Discord channel to see which server police are mainly on and go to the one with less or no cops. 

If you buff jobs i would suggest buffing the legal ones if it can be balanced.

Completely understandable to do only legal stuff, maybe it’s something that can revisited when the new drug system is ready 

9 hours ago, speed said:

2 problems with this.

1. Players will only do the “buffed” jobs. This will actually make the problem you’re describing worse, in that all of the players will be gathered at those spots.

2. More in response to Louie, if cops know that a certain drug is buffed, there’s going to be a lot of complaints about meta when someone gets caught doing that drug.

What I am more suggesting is a way to sort of prevent LSPD from learning the bonus day, the day may be a different day each week. Logistically it is sound but realistically not sure how you could make sure only civilians/drug dealers could figure it out. Maybe an NPC a civilian could go too and basically ask "Hey man, whats the news of the drug market?" and trigger a response like "I hear there's a high class party going down tonight...might be able to sell a large amount of stock for premium price." Just something that maintains the continuity of the RP.