Supercar License

Raptor

110% agree with above statement. Have never fled from police and have always pulled over. I feel like I'm being penalized because of other people's actions. Adding a large fee is almost encouraging people to flee. They've already spent 10k on a garage fee why would they want to stop for police to write them a ticket or impound their vehicle. They have the supercar and they know they can easily outrun any police car. I mean let's see what happens the following week but I have a feeling most people will just be fleeing and or avoiding any police pullover and it will be a cat mouse game for police and supercars.

• Like 7

Sounds more like a joke to me. $10,000 to take out a supercar. Might want to fix the garage issues first before you increase the price. I don't mind paying 10k each 6 hours to have my vehicle out however, I wouldn't want to pay 10k to get it out and when it despawns I have to pay an additional 30k to get it out. Most of the people that drive a super car drive them in a civil way. If the price is just increased because of the people that evade cops in a super car that's just madness. Because if one rotten apple ruins it for everyone else, that rotten apple should be punished. Not the rest that actually follow the rules. Change the IC rules perhaps, evading in a super car? Have a seize if you're caught. Currently the players that are here for a long time, worked hard for their money are being punished. I do realise that it's rather expensive to have a super car IRL but isn't this a light-rp server? It's not worth it to drive a super car at all anymore unless you're high up in a faction. Hell, the vehicles that despawn and you have to pay to get it out again is rather dumb aswel. GTA makes the despawn, why penalize players for that? remove the fee completely because everytime people have to pay $5000 to get their normal car out. The bug that's around that say's you pulled your car out of the garage already but in reality you put it back in just messes everything up. Seems like they don't care about it at all. Updates like this are running the server we all love and like to play on into the ground.

Maybe sit around the table with a couple of people (players) every now and then and discuss matters like this before changing it and ruining it for the people that like to play here. There are so many other ways to fix stuff like this if you just think about it for once and bringing the players into it. 

Edited by LaVuenda
  • Like 6

10 k to pull your car out is complete bullshit Especially when they dont even stay parked when you park them somewhere and lose them Losing another 30k. ( or even have them bugging out when u store it in the garage and it will dissapear. 

i agree with the above posts aswell. 

Edited by Justin Smitg
  • Like 3

I don't even own a super but this seems like a complete dick move to all the people that have put there time and effort in to pay for something so absurdly expensive. It's a great way to start to reduce a player base because as it seems, you don't really care about what the community seems to say. There are bugs well know that HAVE been reported that don't seem to get fixed such as the one where you put your car in a garage and pull it out and oh hey, your cars in the impound/"needs recovery" for whatever reason. Like honestly, this shit would be better suited when your server doesn't have shit like that, even then, the price is still way to much.

This is the type of thing that you should use a straw poll to vote with the WHOLE community instead of a few minorities.

And as Lavuenda said, if this is a situation where a few people have caused this, then punish them, not every single person.

I'd also like to add to the end of this post that Raptors idea is the more appropriate approach to this then what you have done.

Edited by Guest

I totally agree with all the above posts , I just bought a nice new super car and then this happens .The super car license is a great idea I totally agree with that , We don't wanna do any harm with super cars but we still get punished for it . :/

Edited by PeaceGames
  • Like 2

There has been a sort of sub-community formed in the server, always at a certain time of the day, myself and others have begun super-car cruising, there are about 7-10ish that come along and its a blast to chill out. Everyone hops in the discord/shares each-others cars/shows off. We have a rule set to follow, which we tell everyone before setting off, one of those rules is everyone pulls over for the cops, even if only 1 car is pulled over etc...

Why are you punishing those who have worked so hard and are finally starting to enjoy their purchases? Is the dev team just that ignorant of player-base?

The recent scuba diving fiasco surely makes people annoyed that "supercars are everywhere now" - but quite a few of the people grinding for one, already had the money/were very very close to buying one anyway. So for the players such as myself who grinded for 6+ hours a day for 3 weeks straight its just a huge fuck you.

• Like 7

Why not just consider it a simulation of the ownership costs of a supercar?  95 times out of a hundred, owners of cars like Lamborghinis, Ferraris, Bugattis, etc, will spend more on maintenance per year than they will on paying for the actual car. 

I mean, the cheapest supercar in the game is 1.5 mil, yeah? So lets put the maintenance on par with a Bugatti Veyron, as the price point matches.

Every year, on the Veyron, there's a $21,000 maintenance that is required for them. Basically it consists of them checking fluids and changing a couple knickknacky parts like thermostats and belts and an oil change, but it costs that much and that's that. Also, tires are recommended to be replaced every 2500 miles because of the compound used on them, and a set of tires for the cars is $33,000. On every fourth tire change, you are recommended to change out the actual wheels themselves to the tune of $120,000 for the set. If you drive from California to New York and back twice, you'll go through four sets of tires. So, just on those two items alone, in those scenarios, means you spend $100,000 a year on a car without actually paying towards the car. Since Los Santos is modeled after California, its charges a car property tax, so expect to pay over $50,000 annually just for the right to own your Bugatti. Assuming you are able to pay the $150,000+ a year for service, tires and taxes; finding insurance is equally painful as 6  out of 7 insurance companies don’t insure such a car, and the ones that do typically require you to have multiiple lines of super high end assets insured with them (houses, boats, businesses, etc). Based on available data, the average insurance for Bugatti owners is around $3800 a month for their vehicle (if you drive your car less than 5,000 miles per year.)  Finally, gas. Gas mileage on this car is 7 miles per gallon in the city and 15 on the highway. It has a 26.4 gallon tank. Gas in California is right around $3 a gallon. Lets say, for arguments sake, the car is driven exclusively in the city at the 7mpg rating, and when its on the highway it is being driven flat out so the MPGs are even worse (since showing off is what supercars are mostly used for). Long story short,  you get 185 miles per tank if you run it completely bone dry every time (which will fuck up your fuel pump and add even more repair costs, but I wont factor that in). If you drive the car 5,000 miles a year, that means you'll fill your tank 27 times per year. Quick maths, thats $2,138.40 just on fuel every year. One of the maintenance things people really dont take into account for these cars is the detailing required for these cars. They're designed with such extreme engineering that cleanliness of the engine and sensors is paramount to the engine not grenading, and supercar details are not cheap at all.  So lets throw in $5,000 a year for that (which is a super duper conservative number).

All said, lets break down the math:

Yearly Maintenance: $21,000
Tire change every 2500 miles (4x/year): $132,000
Taxes: $50,000
Insurance: $45,600
Auto Detailing (4x/year): $5,000
Gas: $2,138.40

Total: Roughly $250,000 per year, just to own the car.

It's like the old saying goes, if you can't afford the maintenance, you can't afford the car.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, BrandonM said:

Why not just consider it a simulation of the ownership costs of a supercar?  95 times out of a hundred, owners of cars like Lamborghinis, Ferraris, Bugattis, etc, will spend more on maintenance per year than they will on paying for the actual car. 

I mean, the cheapest supercar in the game is 1.5 mil, yeah? So lets put the maintenance on par with a Bugatti Veyron, as the price point matches.

Every year, on the Veyron, there's a $21,000 maintenance that is required for them. Basically it consists of them checking fluids and changing a couple knickknacky parts like thermostats and belts and an oil change, but it costs that much and that's that. Also, tires are recommended to be replaced every 2500 miles because of the compound used on them, and a set of tires for the cars is $33,000. On every fourth tire change, you are recommended to change out the actual wheels themselves to the tune of $120,000 for the set. If you drive from California to New York and back twice, you'll go through four sets of tires. So, just on those two items alone, in those scenarios, means you spend $100,000 a year on a car without actually paying towards the car. Since Los Santos is modeled after California, its charges a car property tax, so expect to pay over $50,000 annually just for the right to own your Bugatti. Assuming you are able to pay the $150,000+ a year for service, tires and taxes; finding insurance is equally painful as 6  out of 7 insurance companies don’t insure such a car, and the ones that do typically require you to have multiiple lines of super high end assets insured with them (houses, boats, businesses, etc). Based on available data, the average insurance for Bugatti owners is around $3800 a month for their vehicle (if you drive your car less than 5,000 miles per year.)  Finally, gas. Gas mileage on this car is 7 miles per gallon in the city and 15 on the highway. It has a 26.4 gallon tank. Gas in California is right around $3 a gallon. Lets say, for arguments sake, the car is driven exclusively in the city at the 7mpg rating, and when its on the highway it is being driven flat out so the MPGs are even worse (since showing off is what supercars are mostly used for). Long story short,  you get 185 miles per tank if you run it completely bone dry every time (which will fuck up your fuel pump and add even more repair costs, but I wont factor that in). If you drive the car 5,000 miles a year, that means you'll fill your tank 27 times per year. Quick maths, thats $2,138.40 just on fuel every year. One of the maintenance things people really dont take into account for these cars is the detailing required for these cars. They're designed with such extreme engineering that cleanliness of the engine and sensors is paramount to the engine not grenading, and supercar details are not cheap at all.  So lets throw in $5,000 a year for that (which is a super duper conservative number).

It's like the old saying goes, if you can't afford the maintenance, you can't afford the car.

Are we on a hardcore role-play server though? 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, T.Gambino said:

There has been a sort of sub-community formed in the server, always at a certain time of the day, myself and others have begun super-car cruising, there are about 7-10ish that come along and its a blast to chill out. Everyone hops in the discord/shares each-others cars/shows off. We have a rule set to follow, which we tell everyone before setting off, one of those rules is everyone pulls over for the cops, even if only 1 car is pulled over etc...

Why are you punishing those who have worked so hard and are finally starting to enjoy their purchases? Is the dev team just that ignorant of player-base?

The recent scuba diving fiasco surely makes people annoyed that "supercars are everywhere now" - but quite a few of the people grinding for one, already had the money/were very very close to buying one anyway. So for the players such as myself who grinded for 6+ hours a day for 3 weeks straight its just a huge fuck you.

Literally couldnt agree more to this

Yawn.

If you want Supercars to cost as much to maintain as a Panto, I think you're barking up the wrong tree.  Supercars ruin the immersion of servers, especially for new players who come on and see 7-10 players all hanging out in one spot with them.

Also, I don't make the rules or the prices, I'm just trying to justify why they could be deemed appropriate. But, if you want to use that tired argument, that's fine. I guess it's okay for you to complain about the prices but not okay for someone else to justify them.

This is not real life. People volunteer hours and hours of their free time to help out the city and after a long while, afford the privileged of a super-car. If you make the privilege more of a burden that its worth what is the point? The incentive to buy/enjoy these vehicles is gone which is why so far many have asked for refunds.

If you want super realism then maybe not badlands? I think there are some other hardcore servers that have a rough/realistic economy which you seem to desire. 3AUslqp.png?1

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, BrandonM said:

who in their right mind puts 2500 miles on a brand new Veyron within the first year???  taxes usually get put in with the purchase of the vehicle. Detailing maybe 2 times a year. But i like how you have a say when you don't own a supercar. kudos.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, BrandonM said:

It's a lite RP server. And a game at that. Real life doesn't or shouldn't really be bought into it. It's not a way to backup an argument imo.

Alright, so, again, I'm just trying to justify and say "Hey guys, maybe look at it as a simulation of real life!"

Then get met with, "WHY SHOULD I HAVE TO ROLEPLAY REALISM?!"

"YOU DON'T OWN A SUPERCAR, YOU SHOULDN'T BE ALLOWED TO HAVE AN OPINION"

"IM RIGHT BECAUSE I DONT LIKE IT"

Sorry, I've got no sympathy for you. If you cant afford the costs, maybe sell your supercar and get something you can afford?

What... The thing you have to get is this is a "RP" server, and lite at that. People come on to have fun and enjoy the interactions with others. Simulation should be left to other games and servers that focus more heavily on that, this server doesn't. It makes your argument null imo.

If the server was serious, sure, I could understand, maybe not $10000 every time to pull a car out, but in repairs maybe such as having to go to a shop and repair it.

Alright, so, again, I'm just trying to justify and say "Hey guys, maybe look at it as a simulation of real life!"

Then get met with, "WHY SHOULD I HAVE TO ROLEPLAY REALISM?!"

"YOU DON'T OWN A SUPERCAR, YOU SHOULDN'T BE ALLOWED TO HAVE AN OPINION"

"IM RIGHT BECAUSE I DONT LIKE IT"

Sorry, I've got no sympathy for you. If you cant afford the costs, maybe sell your supercar and get something you can afford?

We are not asking for your justification. We dont want your sympathy!

We are trying to make the government aware of how the player-base feels seen as we have no justification as of this moment. Thank you for the advice of selling the supercar I think we are all following suit! Its more about the principle than the costs bud. There are a few of us discussing it in the discord feel free to hop in and add your opinion

3AUslqp.png?1

• Like 1

So the only player base that matters are the owners of the supercars?

That's not the player base, that's a minority of the player base.  I'm part of the player base and don't share how you feel.

I know it upsets you that there are different opinions than yours, but that's how the world works sometimes.

Also, if you own the XA-21, its a $6,000,000 car. That means that before the $10k change, you would have been spending $60,000 every time you pull the car out. Maybe they should just go back to the 1% withdrawal fee since you guys are upset that they're limiting the cost on supercars.

Edited by BrandonM

So the only player base that matters are the owners of the supercars?

That's not the player base, that's a minority of the player base.  I'm part of the player base and don't share how you feel.

I know it upsets you that there are different opinions than yours, but that's how the world works sometimes.

Pretty sure the title of the topic is SuperCar License.  and i thought you always made fun of the guys that had them with their "compensating cars". so thats why this affects those that have super cars most.

• Like 1

Actually the "compensation" bit was something I said and was 100% satire. Glad to see its still being brought up 5 days later though. 

Fact: had the garage fee been a thing before so many people magically popped up with supercars after scuba was introduce (funny how that happened ey?) then I highly doubt this would be such a huge issue. I personally agree with it and doesn't deter me from planning to eventually by supercar. 

• Like 1

And just to clarify, they reduced the 1% requirement to a flat $10,000 fee.  The cheapest withdrawal fee before this change was $15,000.

You're literally complaining about them giving supercar owners special privileges.

Nice one, guys.

it was max 1000$ before.

• speed locked this topic