Supercar License

Raptor

Okay i don't own a super car nor have been on the server for even half of the time some others have... but i'm going to express my opinion anyway.

i feel that it is ridiculous that people who own super cars needs to pay 10k each time to get it out of the "garage" if you will... okay i understand that in real life the garage does charge a fee... but they don't charge a fee on what car you have... they charge on the spot you take and therefor is someone showed up with a super car it should cost them the same as a punto.. im just saying.. if you go pay for parking... the price does not differ from the vehicle you have (at least where i live anyway)

if you consider people taking their car out of the garage who own super cars.. that's 10k gone in a second... let's say they feel like going to do trucking... they pay like another 1k to get that out.. so al together it's 11k. so let's say said person flips his truck, nobody helps him and he only has super car to take go to a bank and "recover" his truck.. that's another 15k due to getting his car and going to the impound to get his car.... that's 36k gone in let's say less then 10 minutes.... i do understand that i was only using examples but this has previously happened to me where i would pull my truck out and some glitch happens that spawns a "local" under my truck and flips it... so then i go to the impound to get it back...

personally i believe this is bullshit because the people who grind for hours just to buy that super car.. now has to grind for another let's say 1 million just to own the car ?

i will do that of course... (sarcasm)

i respect those who i know that wanted refunds for their cars as i would be doing the exact same as them  if i owned one

25 minutes ago, speed said:

Until then, you’re driving a multi-million dollar car. If you can’t afford the fees associated with it, don’t buy one, or pull out a cheaper car.

Has nothing to do with can’t afford.  It is a complete waste of money and a clear attack on supercar owners.  No point in taking out a supercar near a storm either.  Please add a better solution that doesn’t penalize the players who don’t abuse supercars.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Raptor said:

Has nothing to do with can’t afford.  It is a complete waste of money and a clear attack on supercar owners.  No point in taking out a supercar near a storm either.  Please add a better solution that doesn’t penalize the players who don’t abuse supercars.

1 hour ago, speed said:

Put your pitchforks away. The withdrawal fee will change when a better solution is found.

54 minutes ago, Dkas10 said:

What exactly was the garage fee a solution too?

Super cars are more common now than they were intended to be (my own fault), and because we don't have any sort of "cost of ownership" system in place, anyone that has a super car is going to use it all the time (or at least they would with the previous garage prices), because why wouldn't you when a cheaper, worse car costs exactly the same?

The garage prices, and any future "cost of ownership" system we build will try to address that (and before you ask, yes, we will try to make it fair). Similar to how most super car owners in real life don't daily drive them, I would like to make pulling out a super car something you think about before you do it, so you're not just pulling it out to go park at legion.

The end goal is to cater to people like @Ricky who use their super cars responsibly for RP/fun, and discourage people from abusing them. A license is a fair idea in theory, but I feel like it would make the issue worse in reality. People would be afraid to lose their license, so now they're going to run every time knowing that for police, catching a super car is nearly impossible.

I'm definitely open to suggestions, but for now, this is how it's going to be.

• Like 3

I'm mainly thankful for the changes being that when someone in a super car doesn't pull over you're pretty much pissing in the wind at that point, though the cost of pulling it out sucks for those who owns it. 

I appreciate the people that will pull over in a super car (I mean if you run in one of those, realistically you'll probably have it crushed). The problem I noticed before the fee came into place was a small amount of people in super cars would drive without caring if a cop chases them or would possibly even cop bait knowing they can escape. 

Hopefully there will be a happy medium for everyone who is involved when it comes to anything regarding super cars. 

Edited by Kai McKee / MoistGoat
  • Like 1

• speed locked this topic