The Mayor Role/Communication.

Gambino

This role could be very beneficial, more of a direct link to communicate directly to the staff team. If an EMT has an issue they can talk to paramedics etc and it can go higher, then be discussed openly at the EMS meetings for everyone to discuss. This is the same for the police. The mayor could act as this intermediary role for the civilian faction, settling questions etc, a presence in the server/discord/forums and another person officialy recognized as someone to reach out if in need.

The mayor should be one like Kotas, with the ability to add things to the calendar. They can run on these ideas instead of lowering prices etc. This also will enhance the RP/relieve the banality of legion. The mayor could be a player that others can go to with any concerns/spend enough time in the server top understand the psyche of the active player base.

I think there needs to be more community involvement about what constitutes the role of mayor.

Brandon @BrandonM has made the first few steps, and already things are fracturing. We all need to know exactly what the mayor as a role. The requirements to become mayor e.g need to be discussed between all players, an equal playing field. There is nothing to stop people from doing their own race if they feel one race is biased, then we have two mayors, I strongly feel official structure from the staff would really help aleviate many of these problems and the structure could tie in to @Str84it idea of a business index.

The current race I find somewhat farcical because of the previously stated points, even though it is a trail race, if some candidates feel left out, or people are not 100% exactly whats going on/ there is little point in trialing a system designed with these flaws. It needs to be well prepared and established for everyone before even preceding with the trail. Everything has seemingly happened so quickly its been a bit of a shock, there is real potential for this toxicity so I think more planning is needed before just going headstrong into it.

That being said, the intention to benefit the community experiance is great. We just need everyone on the same page.

• Like 1

• TiLLeR locked this topic