Judicial System

errorlink

I would like to see a Judicial System within the city.

We have lawyers already, I think it would be fun to have a actual court.

It wouldn't be for small crimes it would be more  for the higher end, currently i am planning

to start more higher end criminal RP and having to stand trial in front of a judge could be a great thing.

With Jury we could have everyone's name written on paper and pulled out of a box or something

and they will be asked to attend a trial. They can decline if they don't want to participate.

A cop will also be asked to witness the trial and be a rank corporal and higher.

While waiting for trial the person could have all weapons removed and do a honor system of not purchasing any weapons.

For crimes involving terrorist attacks (if happens) the Mayor will be expected to attend.

Obviously more things would have to be worked out but overall I think this could be a fun thing.

• Like 7

Love the idea for sure , would be great rp :) but i see this being added in more with a 64 player base server. As someone that only plays cop , we do get tied up with pross ppl , chases and legion bs and it would be hard to get dedicated cops on the stand wen armed robberies are going on left and right . Deff would like to see this type of rp wen and if the servers get bigger

Something like this is good in theory, but would be scratching the surface of a more medium/hardcore rp server. Not saying it couldn't work within Badlands. If we were to implement a court system, I'd suggest using a passworded server when court dates come around. Give the password to those involved in the proceedings first, then to whomever else would like to join in.

Honwstly the best possible way to prove something like this could work would be to gather people up and have your own rp with it. Put it into practice for the admin staff to see first hand a lot like the Mayor rp that's been going on. Don't put it all on admin staff to come up with the details. Let them see what you have in mind and then they can mold it to their desires. 

I had made a suggestion on a previous post about a judicial system but the only way I see it working in badlands is if it's for civil cases where a jury doesn't have to be present and it can be decided by just a judge. Example one person rear ends you and you sue them sorta stuff. I think the population will have to increase to that 64 player mark before having a jury involved that can handle the higher crime cases... Let alone we would have to change how we handle our punishment system with the police department and that is a whole mess within itself. 

Not to mention a jury of peers is too likely to be biased and unfair... History always has a way of repeating itself... And the history of the badlands server has shown friends are always gonna vote in favor of friends and the point of a jury of your peers is that you don't know them in any way. So tbh I don't ever see a jury working and being fair to both sides.  

Edited by KotaJon91
  • Like 2

I would really love to see this come to badlands, the thing is they have to find judges that wont be corrupt or inactive. And during court cases they can put up another server just to run the case on since it will probably be full of people that want to attend and watch the case, and a good idea would to to get a couple cops there and an admin there aswell to watch the case and make sure nobody comes in and tries to mass rdm or anything.

18 hours ago, KotaJon91 said:

I had made a suggestion on a previous post about a judicial system but the only way I see it working in badlands is if it's for civil cases where a jury doesn't have to be present and it can be decided by just a judge. Example one person rear ends you and you sue them sorta stuff. I think the population will have to increase to that 64 player mark before having a jury involved that can handle the higher crime cases... Let alone we would have to change how we handle our punishment system with the police department and that is a whole mess within itself. 

Not to mention a jury of peers is too likely to be biased and unfair... History always has a way of repeating itself... And the history of the badlands server has shown friends are always gonna vote in favor of friends and the point of a jury of your peers is that you don't know them in any way. So tbh I don't ever see a jury working and being fair to both sides.  

I was thinking if there's biased relations with the  person on trial they will be dismissed from the jury xD

Kinda like the real jury system.

Just boring being arrested for running a drug network and going to jail for 45 months you know?

• Like 1

Trust me I love the idea and I am not trying to knock it. But we have to present it in a way that would fit super well into what environment we currently have within badlands. So going a civil case route with a grand judge imo would be the platform to start and which when 64 players come we can expand upon it to include your jury ideas.