Housing Opportunities

A potential way to satisfy some of the hunger for more housing opportunities would be to make the base ‘npc’ houses available for purchase.

The houses, when purchased come with a garage, as an incentive to purchase one but without the alcohol/wardrobe benefits in order to maintain interest in the apartments.

Houses situated within the Vinewood/mirror park area and Vespucci beach areas offer ideal pricing points. The houses selected could be the ones that have functional chairs in the garden/patio. Shift E doesn’t always work with all chairs so this could be a way to single out the houses that do have the proper chairs.

Instead of having housing icons cluttering the map, the player base would have to look around the map itself, go house hunting to find the houses that are available for purchase.

letter-scrap-location-24-vinewood-hills.50b330-2015-09-30_00013.jpg0_0.jpg

Edited by Gambino
  • Like 7

One of the challenges with these properties is that they are limited in quantity and with the population about to hit over 30k, it would not be fair to limit access to those who got there first.  The current system allows anyone to have an apartment.  

• Like 1

The pricing is intentional and done to 

1.  Make it a luxury item that you work towards

2.  Balance the economy.  If you can make 25 - 30k an hour you gotta spend it on something :D

In short the price point is so that it's something you have to work hard to obtain.

• Like 2

On 5/14/2018 at 12:51 PM, TiLLeR said:

The pricing is intentional and done to 

1.  Make it a luxury item that you work towards

2.  Balance the economy.  If you can make 25 - 30k an hour you gotta spend it on something :D

In short the price point is so that it's something you have to work hard to obtain.

i think the pricing of the current housing is fine. It does give citizens something to work for and has perks.

However, for someone like my character, I don't want high-end housing. Bob is a biker that drives truck and works EMS for a living. He'll never be able to afford it. But he could have an apartment in a less desirable part of town and not have the perks. Maybe no garage and only a few outfit slots. Heck, Bob would be fine living in a trailer in Sandy Shores if it was possible! The price could still be high enough to have to work towards, say $500k or something. But it would add RP opportunities to have a place to live.

Bob also isn't good looking enough or social enough to marry a rich women. Let's be honest, a lot of citizens have married into the money to afford an apartment. Join the city, marry a cop and bam, money. Bob will never be a cop, and will never marry a rich women. He needs a place to live though.

The other issue I have IRL is that I cannot put in the hours that many other players do. I will never be able to get an apartment just based on that alone. I only get a couple hours a few nights at most during the week to play, and with queues the way they are currently, I don't even play most nights. Weekends I rarely get to play lately.

Edited by Bob Johnson

I just want one of those stilt homes or cheaper homes rather than an apt... I honestly don't see why it can't be done if you just implement a rent system. A rework on the housing system is long overdue in my honest opinion.  

Side note I am just gonna drop this here as an idea of ideas. 

• Like 2