I asked Serpico this a while back, and he said it was because it was being used for the driver's test. Because the driving portion of the test has been removed, there's no reason we can't buy the Prius. It's an electric car and a compact, two options where we're severely lacking, and it brings more low-end vehicles to the server, which is desperately needed.

Also, the Surge, the only(?) available electric car right now is $78k, not $87k. Still not cheap, and it underperforms for its price, compared to other vehicles in its class. I could go on about the sedans, but that's not for this topic.

Edited by Storrent
Linked wiki article to Prius
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Storrent said:

1. I asked Serpico this a while back, and he said it was because it was being used for the driver's test. Because the driving portion of the test has been removed, there's no reason we can't buy the Dilettante. It's an electric car and a compact, two options where we're severely lacking, and it brings more low-end vehicles to the server, which is desperately needed.

2. Also, the Surge, the only(?) available electric car right now is $78k, not $87k.

1. ah ok, so just an oversight then.

2. i know its not the only electric car because if im correct in remembering the voltic is also electric. and i meant to put 78 but fucked up the typing of it. ive just finished a nightshift so im a little tired atm

• Like 1

The dilettante was chosen as the vehicle for the driving test because only three people had ever purchased it at the time the DMV was added.

It could be added to the garage now, but given how unpopular it was before, I don't think it's really needed. We would also need to find a replacement vehicle if the driving test makes a return in the future.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Storrent said:

The thing is, why even have a separate vehicle just for the driver's test? Why not use a Premier and train people for how their (probable) first car will drive? It seems counterintuitive to introduce people on a vehicle they'll never drive again.

There are a lot of anti-abuse measures tied to that car specifically to prevent griefing etc during the driving test.