Grand Theft Auto

Victor

Hello,

I am new to FiveM and to BadlandsRP but I have close to 1000 hours in GTA V Online and I dont know is it BLRP server or FiveM but vehicles behavior is absolutley amazing. I bought yesterday Delorian DMC-12 which is my favorite vehicle and way it handles just blew my mind. I dont even want to play Online version of GTA anymore hehe. While I was driving around I realized that there are no car theft jobs on BadlandsRP and I was hoping that perhaps in future we might see gran theft auto "job" where players need to keep an eye open on cars that buyer requested and steal them.

The way I imagined it would happen is that player is asked to steal a car. If player breaks into car that is parked somewhere he can drive it to shop normally as long as police do not stop player for breaking traffic laws and checking car register. Risk will lie how you drive and attract attention.

The other way would be where more aggressive player just jacks the car while local driver is still in. In that case local will inform police of stolen car. Now I addmit I am not too familiar how hard is to create missions like that in GTA so this is just rough suggestion that "hot" stolen car would be seen short period of time on police player minimap.

What I see car theft missions bring to game is another criminal job that gives player option to do it nice and quiet hopefully without attracting attention or high risk, faster complition and perhaps car chase with police. It would give police players also more content.

Issues I see in this is that NPCs have different plates on cars, so police player could metagame and stop player in NPC car just because police player sees number code over car thiefs head. That might be problematic and I have no knowledge if that can be changed somehow. But yeah. If you guys thinking adding more criminal jobs, I would love to be able to steal cars for living.

Thank you.

On 6/16/2018 at 6:36 AM, Victor said:

Issues I see in this is that NPCs have different plates on cars, so police player could metagame and stop player in NPC car just because police player sees number code over car thiefs head. That might be problematic and I have no knowledge if that can be changed somehow. 

Next time your in-game press f7 while around other players, and you will see how a lot of us play.....

Also with the local car Lic plate #'s being different from Player car Lic plate #'s , no cop will simple pull you over for being in a local car, its more of an additional charge once you get stopped for a routine traffic stop, such as speeding or running a red light, and your Lic and Registration don't match. 

Edited by Merr Khan
  • Like 2

I am well aware of F7 option. I am also aware that not all police officers play with numbers hidden. But this aint accusation that police would meta. Not at all. From what I have seen so far police has been exceptional on this server and I do have trust in police players. I just think that if number over your head would go hidden in stolen car no matter if other player has em on, would be quite cool feature. But I do not know anything about GTA modding, so no idea if it is even possible.

26 minutes ago, Victor said:

I just think that if number over your head would go hidden in stolen car no matter if other player has em on, would be quite cool feature

Well then if they disappear whats to say you dont go on a VDM spree how am I as a Police Officer gonna be able to report you in my recording since I have no way of knowing who you are?

• Like 3

Very good question and indeed that would present a problem. Only thing I could think of right of my head is something similar from World of Warcraft rogue stealth. As long as you sit in car and car has 0 damage you are hidden. Moment you hit something, crash car or hit NPC/player, your number turns on and stays on. You cannot repair "locals" vehicle to hide it again for example. But once again, no idea if thats even possible to do in GTA.

• Like 1

You're just gonna have to rely on the PD to do the right thing.  Just like with other encounters, if you feel you have been treated unprofessionally or not within the server rules, etc. - file an IA report.  It's much a long the same reasoning that you won't find yourself in police custody when selling drugs and the officer happens to notice the "non-local" in the area of the presumed crime and just assume it's you.  It would be powergaming/meta to just automatically assume local in non-local car = arrest.  When you have done nothing in front of the officer for them to have probable cause to arrest you let alone stop you.  Now, if in the course of an investigation for something else it is discovered that car isn't yours then bingo.

Indeed, and it would be easier on devs too without making car theft too complicated. I am 100% behind what you said Chase and I see that on this server it can happen really well. Whole point I brought up about police metagame issue in my original post was that to point out, that it could happen, but even I kinda knew already that chances of that on Badlands is next to none.