Chance for Mechanic RP?

So I was thinking it would be cool to see actual people RP Mechanics in town, I really haven't seen or heard of anyone doing that. Something for the car nuts out there. A way i was thinking this could work is... if your car gets completely total you cannot repair it with a kit. You would have to get it towed ( also given the tow guys more jobs in the process) taken to a car shop to get it repaired to be able to drive it again for a fee, while also allowing people to RP that out. Just an Idea. I personally think would be cool. 

maxresdefault.jpg

Edited by Missladee
  • Like 6

I have thought of this in the past, and I've thought of how it could be done. The way I have thought is removing the vehicle repair kits from the market and adding a Mechanic job to the job center. The downfall on this is that civilians won't be able to repair their cars easily. The good outcome is that it will change how people park in places, drive, use streetlights, and roleplay when civilians have a car accident on the road. It's most definetely realistic. Like this post if you think this could work ?

• Like 2

Tow truckers are very rare to see on. What would happen if there is no mechanic on. What would happen if there is no tow truck on to tow your car to the shop. What would happen if both aren’t in service. Then your screwed. Vehicle repair kits are good how they are, many things happens to player cars and it’s not their fault all the time, locals ruin that as well. And there’s nothing you can do about it.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Mobpii said:

What would happen if there is no mechanic on.

That's the main point. If there's no mechanics on duty, simple, your car is fucked. It'll bring encouragement for people to become mechanics, it'll bring a lot more RP into the community. Everyone will drive A LOT more safely, less people speeding, more people stopping on red lights to reduce the chance of crashing into locals. If THERE IS an accident, you'd be able to have the police involved so that people don't gotta spend the fee to take your car to a mechanic. The staff should look into this suggestion 100%.

• Like 3

9 hours ago, NixonJones said:

That's the main point. If there's no mechanics on duty, simple, your car is fucked. It'll bring encouragement for people to become mechanics, it'll bring a lot more RP into the community. Everyone will drive A LOT more safely, less people speeding, more people stopping on red lights to reduce the chance of crashing into locals. If THERE IS an accident, you'd be able to have the police involved so that people don't gotta spend the fee to take your car to a mechanic. The staff should look into this suggestion 100%.

I agree actually, more RP for cops especially new realistic scenarios for the cops.

• Like 1

On 7/8/2018 at 10:36 AM, Drop said:

RP. That's the point. Too many existing people in the city treating badlands like a "video game", rather than attempt to RP. Mechanic Job, and additional work for Tow Services would provide additional RP in the city. 

Yeah, this is exactly what I am trying to encourage more of. I feel like jobs like these which require multiple people to interact and places you have to go to can set the scene for some great RP. I know there is plenty of others like myself that love to be able to immerse their selves in RP. Bringing this community close and connect through RP is pretty much the mission here and what i am trying to help support. Let's make great stories in the city guys. ❤️   

Edited by Missladee
  • Like 4

I've seen this done in another city it works great and the mechanics had there owned tow trucks and a shop in the city where they work and hang out. I would still keep the repair kit the way it worked was when the mechanic were on duty you can not repair your vehicle. The mechanic would show up and fix it on the spot. But once they were offline you can use the repair kit. This would change the game a lot and add a lot more RP which is what we need. Also, open up more job for people.  

• Like 4

The problem is that everyone nowadays brings his own repair kits because you never see one online. Send ads on twitter and show yourself active and you'll get some calls. Get a tow truck and RP it out and you got what you want. I had a person fixing my car once who looked into my car and diagnozed the problem and then he RP'd how he fixed it - Was pretty nice. I paid him and gave him a good tip for the nice RP. Definitely you have to deal with people that don't have the time for a long RP and you have to cut it short and be like "Oh it was just the cooler, thats why your car doesnt starts, I can put a new one in" Bam done.