Actual RP...Not High School Clicks

I have thought heavily on this and I decided to write it primarily for this reason.  If it is not said things will not have the opportunity to change and remain.

Last Night was my first real night on the BL RP Server and to say the least it was not what I had expected...

10 min in we have a few hits out on people through twitter and then a sniper taking perch on the square and killing two people...then OOC chat BLOWING UP like a high school drama team.

Then much later in the square I pull up to multiple people pulling their guns out on everyone, one of the AI's dead.  As I go to ineract I get multiple people pulling guns on me and in a childish manner asking me what your going to do, put your hands up and then again in a high school manner everyone around the two main females start chuckling and laughing.  Guns being pointed at me in different directions by the ROLE PLAYERS of the server.  As it seemed the main female had been in the server for a long time and knew everyone...  So as I continued to play along and tell them I aint going to put my hands up (in character) and try to go down to their level in conversation...(maybe get accepted into the crowd if I throw off some one liners) I go to do an emote and it failed and instead I threw a punch...WELLL..I was shot on site and then laughed at and the group then went on a punching spree game of tag...

Now you might be asking yourself...why am I telling you all of this...he seems like a little bich tattle tale...well I could see where your discription comes from...but that is not the reasoning behind this...its to bring to light the LACK of RP in the server...as a first timer coming into the server I will tell you I feel that this is not the server for me.  Immediately off the bat I can tell that this server is not going to be an immersive RP server that I intended to join for and Im sure the Devs and heads of Badlands intended it to be as well.   I bring this up because if on my first night this happened...how many other nights, how many other first timers, how many people choose NOT to come back to BadLands RP.  The fact that veteran"RP" individuals of this server were acting in such a manner only tells me that if the top of the tree is broke...the fruit of the tree is bad as well.  Hopefully me bringing this to light creates conversation, creates change, and improves the server.  IF i am asked to describe the individuals, names, descriptions I WILL NOT...Like I said this is not about pointing fingers and creating problems BUT this is about pointing out problems, creating constructive dialogue and change.  Hopefully that is what comes out of this cause RP it was not last night...more like the wild west.

On another note - Michael, if your reading this, great RP at the gold mine and refinery when I happen to run into you again.  You kept character and had dialogue.  GG!

• Like 2

Rule number zero: Anything that happens at Legion Square is not roleplay. Anybody that spends most of their time at Legion Square is not a roleplayer. They are shitlords who would rather spend their time cop baiting and be running around, crouching with their hands up, screaming. I've always referred to this group of people as "freshmen" because they act like such. Learn this sooner, rather than later, and your experience on this server will drastically improve.

This server is public, and such, you will always have shitlords. This is unavoidable. However, the behavior brought up by veterans of this community is unacceptable. These people are supposed to be the role models of the community and pulling out guns at every slight microaggression instead of taking a breather and using words (on a roleplay server) is nothing short of disgusting and sets a bad example for anybody joining the server and seeing this sort of behavior. I get this is a "light RP" server, but some people see this and act like it's GTA Online and decided to run around in Carbon RSs (or whatever the new "meta" vehicle is post-nerf) and rob people at the peach/gold merchant for easy kicks.

Thank you for shedding new light on this topic and bringing it to attention once again, because it is a serious issue that needs to be addressed. Thank you for doing the right thing and not naming and shaming, because that fixes nothing. I hope we can get some genuine discussion going.

• Like 5

I gotta say for me this community rock's, I've been on many a server & been part of the admin side. I've found this community (server2) always bring's me back here....If you hang around legion sq your doing something wrong. I hope your experience get's better over time...

Regards

MAGS 

• Like 1

I was around that night as a cop.  Hits should not be happening.  If you see one - report it.  That's what all the OOC clamor was about because it is strictly against the rules.  I was by myself and that is probably why it was that bad.  It got to the point I went off duty until another officer came on.  Because I wasn't going to play one man army or play the "pick us up" because we're screwing around game (since EMS wasn't available either). 

I'm sorry you had that experience.  But it's been some ages since it's been that bad.  I urge everyone that encounters activity like that to make a player report - it doesn't guarantee that a person will get in trouble but it does guarantee it will be looked at.  And if there's enough evidence against a person it will be dealt with accordingly.  Same story with police interaction - if you've felt you have been wronged.  Make an IA report - it will guarantee AT LEAST a discussion will happen with the people involved.  We're all here to grow and support each other in our RP.  I know I'm not the greatest and would be welcome to any feedback about myself.  I think the greatest thing we could do for each other and the quality of the server is to hold each other accountable.