Add more RP commands

A simple little suggestion about wanting a few more RP commands added to help improve RP.

/it - Used in context where you're describing environmental detail rather than personal action. Example: "/it There is a large pool of blood next to the body."

/looc - Local OOC. Used for chatting OOCly with people within talking distance.

/roll # - Dice rolling. One of the most useful RP abilities with millions of uses. Can for example help determine a fair outcome for when a situation has reached an impasse or when two players stand to lose/gain something from a situation. Example: You're a wanted criminal and get pulled over by police. You use /me to show the officer a fake ID. With /roll there can be a scale of how believable the ID is and as such allow the officer to respond in various ways depending on the outcome. If the person for example were to roll a 10/10, it might be a perfect copy and the cop acts none the wiser, while a 0/10 will worsen the situation as the officer immediately realises it's a terrible fake and the person is now being charged with fraud as well.

I would really like to see these commands added, especially roll as it is in my opinion a core part of RP and can create some very fun situations.

We already have a local OOC -- if you hit t and then type without a slash command it will chat locally.  Personally, I think the /me could probably be used for the situations you are citing.

I would absolutely love to have a dice roll feature.  Not necessarily for the situation you described.  But for a myriad of other RP possibilities (i.e. street craps games, nerdy people LARPing, etc.)

/it - or you could just say "oh, bollocks, there is a bloody pool of blood next to that bloke!"

/looc - basically type anything without any prefix in the chat, it will be already local ooc

/roll - i dont think its needed here, the magic of GTA RP is that you get to interact with people and people decide how to deal with each situation not some dice

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Chase McCane 28642// Flu said:

We already have a local OOC -- if you hit t and then type without a slash command it will chat locally.  Personally, I think the /me could probably be used for the situations you are citing.

I would absolutely love to have a dice roll feature.  Not necessarily for the situation you described.  But for a myriad of other RP possibilities (i.e. street craps games, nerdy people LARPing, etc.)

I see, I thought that was simply considered speaking IC as I haven't seen anything signalling it's OOC. Although I understand that this server is voice based, sometimes I like to clarify some points in text chat for clarification and precision.
Perhaps an "/ic" command then? ?

Yes, the situation was just the first thing popping into my head, but indeed an RNG which everyone around you can see is useful for quite literally millions of things.

3 hours ago, Anton said:

/it - or you could just say "oh, bollocks, there is a bloody pool of blood next to that bloke!"

/looc - basically type anything without any prefix in the chat, it will be already local ooc

/roll - i dont think its needed here, the magic of GTA RP is that you get to interact with people and people decide how to deal with each situation not some dice

The /it command is to be used when it's not your character saying something. Sometimes you want the choice of not saying something directly from the mouth of your character.

LOOC I discussed in my previous reply, thanks for the heads up!

Dice rolling/RNG has been around since the dawn of RPGs and is very helpful to for example preventing power gaming, but can of course be used for anything you can imagine.
No one is going to force you to use it, but I imagine quite a few avid RPers would enjoy at least having the option :)