License Suspension

vDrop

Hey all,

I'm not sure if the code would allow for it, but was thinking (if able) the ability to suspend a drivers or firearm's license rather than a seizure from a suspect. For example, instead of a seizure of a license, lets have an option to suspend the license for (x) time. Which could prevent someone from being able to purchase a new weapon, or being able to immediately jump back into a vehicle after serving their time. 

Thoughts?

Thank You,

Edited by Drop
Spelling Error / Thank You Allen =)
  • Like 6

This would totally make people value their licence. Whenever I have seized it there like oh I don't care I'll just go buy a new one then 15mins later they are evading again hitting local cars. But they can have their license back within 5 mins with a buddy to run them down to lisencing.

(Times are different but I'm aware of someone kept doing that to report them for being disruptive)

• Like 2

I not only agree with everyone above ^^ but its a more realistic way that seizing the licence. being without a licence for 30 min would be harder to deal with than maybe going to prison.

As Allen said. if this is something someone does all the time and just doesnt care and only wants to evade its DB for sure

• Like 1

Personally, I wouldn't mind it being bumped just 15 minutes.  I think for some of the more disruptive style of players taking them out of action for a little longer amount of time is more punishing to them then fines, seizure, etc. ever will.  They get to the point where paying their fines literally doesn't cut anything off of their time and in turn the allotted restitution works out lower for the same amount of time.  Also, to these players, seizure doesn't mean anything because they have the funds to go back and get it anyways.

Maybe, in lieu, of max time raising we could look at suspension of driving/firearms license procurement?  So say they meet a certain criteria (or with approval from a corporal/sgt +) those items won't be available to be procured until the next storm or in cases within a certain time frame to the next storm after or for a set amount of time (i.e. 2-3 hours).  I think this idea would be more impactful upon those individuals honestly.  It would keep them out of gunplay for that amount of time instead of just running to the license shop the minute they are out.  But it wouldn't keep them out of RP by keeping them in for extra.

Here was my thoughts from an earlier thread regarding max time.