So, some of this is @Merr Khan ideas mixed with a few of mine.  This offers RP for most parties in the city.

Offer a robbery kit.  The robbery kit does the following:

• Randomly takes a variable percentage of player's cash inventory not to exceed "x" amount to allow for balancing
  • The kit puts the victim on a cooldown and would not allow them to be a victim again for "x" amount of minutes for balancing
  • The robber must stay with a certain proximity of the victim for "x" amount of time for balancing
  • To offer a risk vs reward for both parties a.) If the victim complies for a minimum amount of time there's a high chance that a local spotted the activity and notifies the police. b.) If the victim is on a cooldown, the kit rejects automatically notifying PD c.) If the victim complies and the kit completes the robber receives an item (wallet of cash) that has to be sold to a random vendor for redemption (i.e.: illegal informer).  This in turn automatically notifies PD.  d.) The new item becomes an illegal item.  If you are caught with it you could face a minimum of theft up to armed robbery.  Unless, you are the victim which could be confirmed via the output of alerts (i.e: "[player id #] was or is being robbed at [location] e.) This item could then, in turn, be returned to the victim to allow justice to be served and recourse for being robbed.

I truly think these ideas offer everybody a chance at RP.  It's not all about the robber's RP.  It offers the victim recourse and the ability not to be abused/exploited and at the same time offering RP to PD and a method to hold those people accountable for their actions.

Thoughts?

This would only encourage chain robbing everybody someone sees, which is nothing if not disruptive and non-rp. Additionally, regardless of whether or not this "kit" (whatever this would actually be) is added, people will still use the good old fashioned "hands up, empty your pockets" method.

I mean I would be great idea for store robbery? You must be in possession with the KIT to perform it. As Branton mentioned this could lead to be disruptive. If you give me so.e decent RP do everything by the book I'll empty my wallet for you. If someone was in fear that the hostage wouldn't comply and pull a gun use the mechanics we have ie. Disablement kit. 

Not much people run around with cash anyway so would be kinda a waste of time robbing someone with that kit for them to have $5.

Just my opinion in it.

Edited by ImVexal
Typo

11 minutes ago, Chase McCane (Fludiddy) said:

How would it encourage chain robbing when it literally isn't possible with this idea?

Is the cool down for that person whom committed the robbery, or is it on the person whom just got robbed? I think the ROBBER should receive the cool down and not be able to do it again for X time, that'll prevent the chain

Either could be doable.  I'm just looking to get a more immersive experience for people that want it and have PD involvement.  Because as PD we have to have something more concrete than "he said she said".  I was looking at the victim being on the cooldown because that way the same person couldn't be targeted for abuse.  Say there's a group of 4 people.  They know player A has much more cash on them than what would ever be taken in one shot.  So they team up and hit the same guy four times in the course of whatever time.  Either way, you're limiting it either by targets or by antagonists.  Also, with the victim being on a cooldown the robber doesn't know automatically if they are - therefore, introducing more risk that the robber may be caught.  Because if the robber knows he is on a cooldown then he just won't try.  I'm trying to think of things involving more than just the robber -- because that's what  everybody focuses on.  Not the victim having recourse or really even the robber having any risk.

The key to this item is that it leaves a "finger print" on the victims belongings, thus allowing the police to have evidence, and effect an arrest. 

IMO 1/2 of the RP involved in PVP robberies is not available simple due to police SOP. This item will circumvent those regulations and give hard evidence to a crime being committed  

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Merr Khan said:

The key to this item is that it leaves a "finger print" on the victims belongings, thus allowing the police to have evidence, and effect an arrest. 

IMO 1/2 of the RP involved in PVP robberies is not available simple due to police SOP. This item will circumvent those regulations and give hard evidence to a crime being committed  

Exactly, so if the robber had "wallet of cash" on him - in the very least he would be in possession of stolen/illegal equipment.  It would be up to the police to investigate to find the victim to escalate charges.  That way it isn't always a slam dunk for police it require a little additional work/RP.

4 hours ago, Storrent said:

This would only encourage chain robbing everybody someone sees, which is nothing if not disruptive and non-rp. Additionally, regardless of whether or not this "kit" (whatever this would actually be) is added, people will still use the good old fashioned "hands up, empty your pockets" method.

Of course the could.  Much like people can still sell drugs to players and not NPC's.  But the built in mechanics I described wouldn't allow for much harassment and if they did try eventually they would run out of targets and get caught.  However, this also offers the robber the incentive that they might actually get something out of it instead of, oh nothing you're dead.