Seeing civilians inventory?

Alexia Kade

Quick suggestion i just thought about. Pretty sure it already been suggested but can’t find anyhing about it.

So, I think that an option for civilians to ask to see what people have in their inventory would be cool for multiple reasons. Like when robbing someone, could be a good RP scenario to “empty your pockets right now or you will be shoot”, or when making a deal when selling something to someone, without selling it, just showing you have it before concluding the deal and other reasons.

I ain’t a codder, but I believe it would be fairly easy to implement as it would be the same as “ask player ID”, in your wallet, “ask player to show inventory” then the person deny/accept with the usual F1 and F2. The civilian could see the same thing police sees, wallet, inventory and weapons. 

It was mentioned in the Community Meeting, there were mixed feelings about it. I was thinking it could be like the Medkits so you buy I don't a small device from the black market and it has a 70 % chance of working and sometimes doesn't show the entire inventory so you don't have so much power when robbing.

• Like 1

On 9/4/2018 at 11:19 AM, BlackMagic0 said:

Only way I could see this happening is if it was like 'ask for player ID' and completely up to the player in question.
Otherwise it'd be a issue.

That was the idea..

Something under "wallet" : Ask player for ID, Ask player inventory, Give money, Your identity card. Then usual F1/F2 to accept or refuse.

• Like 1

This could be a pretty cool feature to add on, actually.

Although I can also see where it could get exploitable, or people use it for the wrong reasons.

For example, say you are trying to sell something to someone, or you are asking to see their ID to add their phone number in character. Instead, Johnny wants to see what Alice has on her because he wants to rob her so he sends a request to see what she has on her. Alice, thinking she is going to accept an ID request hits F1 and Johnny sees that Alice has X gun on her and decides not to rob her.

It could potentially open up for people to be able to powergame so Johnny doesn't get killed during his "robbery" he wants to do. And I understand that you can just READ that they want to see your inventory because the prompt tells you, "Hey, do you want to show X Y or Z?" but some people might not read it and fall for it. Which, again, I understand becomes "Alice's" responsibility but it can be abused.