Idea for Mechanic shop/Repair Kits.

r3v0Lt55

I think that players like Mike on server 1 would love this, considering that is all that he does and sometimes he sits that for a long time without any customers. And for some other players just looking to for something to kill some time with. I like the mobile repair but make it only good for like a 70% or less fix so that they would still need to get to a repair shop soon. As for the repair kits  maybe make them more of a band-aid  that mite get you to a shop; and being able to repair your own car/ truck at a shop, I think that needs to stay mainly because there sometimes are no Mechanics on and then you would not be able to repair at all.

I really enjoy the thought put into this!

I really think the idea of a mechanic being able to tune cars to improve gas mileage, get a engine boost and ideas like that! Maybe the mechanic shops could have a option to buy these "kits" from their shop and sell the services to other players. However I am sure that with an idea like that would lead to MUCH more situations in which a player is clocked in as a mechanic but not actively playing the role - just using it to upgrade their personal vehicles at an at-cost price. 

Would like to also see what others think of this too!

Edited by Juan Laing
Posted too early

So.. I haven't been too lucky in finding mechanics that RP much as actual mechanics, most of the times its like: ok mam it's fixed. I would love to see maybe some mechanic that will help this? Give them some little help with actually interacting with the client?
I love the idea of roadside assistance! maybe they can only fix the engine and not cosmetics, so we still make sure the mechanic shops are still visited.

• 2 weeks later...

From working as a Tow truck driver and a mechanic with Mike. I have talked with a lot of people and another thing that would be nice for a mechanic to be able to do is wash a car at a shop. There are only 4 car washes in the city, and they are sometimes just out of the way to go to. This would be add another insensitive for people to want to go the the mechanic.