Extend the oxygen timer in water a little bit

Henry Watson

I was out treasure hunting in the sea with a friend of mine today when my controls stopped responding.

That is I could turn in the water but not swim and I tried with both my keyboard and PS3 controller.

In the end I decided to relog, unfortunately that removes the scuba gear which resulted in me drowning.

The reason I drowned is because I did not have time to put the scuba gear back on, but if I had 2 more seconds I would have made it.

So I suggest/request the oxygen timer be extended a little bit to allow a person to get their bearings and either get out of the water or get a scuba tank on because the timer will start as soon as you log on.

Now I relogged, but if someone were to crash they would not have time to get a scuba tank on or get to the surface before drowning.

The average person can hold their breath for about a minute so I dont think it would be unreasonable or unrealistic to have it be a little longer than it is now.

I understand the need for balance, I'm not asking for a long extension, just enough to allow people to get out of the water or get an air tank on should they  lose connection.

• Like 1

In the base GTAO, you can expand your lung capacity by swimming. While I don't do much swimming in game, personally, I'm not sure if it's already at cap or if it's set to the default value upon starting fresh in GTAO. Either way, I don't think it's quite fair to hold devs accountable for disconnecting from the game. Things happen that cannot be controlled.

Edited by Saja Kain

14 hours ago, ValkyrieBlu said:

Could we maybe get the oxygen meter back in general? It used to be there before the food and water was changed from numbers on the side of your minimap to bars underneath it, effectively blocking the oxygen bar. I put in a request a long time ago, and there was no answer. 

This one would be nice.  Now you just guess.