Illegal Jobs - Expanded

Vido Parona

In the illegal jobs -( As Serpico mentioned in another post )- Are pretty few. What would the viewpoint be on earned titles or perks?

What are developement thoughts on Rank System or Special Priviledges to those that achieve goals in related areas?

Not specific, but outlined:

Weed
Rank 1 - You can get a little more from each plant ( 1 or two buds) - Expertise Greenthumb
Rank 2 - You can grow a second or two faster for each plant - Expertise Gardener
Rank 3 - You can roll 10% Faster - Expertise Distributor

Each rank would require sales to a specific value ($50,000 Weed Sold - perk 1 etc)
It wouldnt be much of a boost (To be honest the boost isn't the point it was just something thrown in)  But would allow for people to achieve Titles in their Respective illegal Jobs enticing people to stick to RP'ing said job.
I feel it may also increase the value of RP from those around, becoming renowned for dealing or specific tasks.
Again, I would like to reiterate that boosting is not the objective - but the titles would be nice for those who stick with their Character's MO through thick and thin.

My two cents, would love to hear thoughts on it.

-Vido

Edited by Vido Parona
  • Like 3

I think you can take this a step farther even. Perhaps create whitelisted criminal jobs, just as we have whitelisted LSPD and EMS. Perhaps have specific jobs that pay based on, like mentioned previously stealing cars and turning them into specific locations, or cooking X amount of meth and turning it in, or selling x amount of coke. Etc etc. I know our wonderful staff here have the skills to make it happen, they just need ideas. Perhaps have jobs that allow players to break into houses or businesses and steal items or money, and sell them at the black market. Perhaps allow them to steal boats and sell them, increasing the number of players on the water. What about adding in more gang-based violence, with different turfs. Such as one can actually join the Ballas or Vagos, maybe even the Forums gang. I've seen several other mods, that can be added so they give certain benefits, and the NPCs of your gang don't attack you, adding into the gang warfare. Turf wars could be added in as well. I think adding onto the already amazing criminal life, could open all new horizons for new and veteran players alike. Again, just a few ideas.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Dorian_Fendrel said:

I think you can take this a step farther even. Perhaps create whitelisted criminal jobs, just as we have whitelisted LSPD and EMS. Perhaps have specific jobs that pay based on, like mentioned previously stealing cars and turning them into specific locations, or cooking X amount of meth and turning it in, or selling x amount of coke. Etc etc. I know our wonderful staff here have the skills to make it happen, they just need ideas. Perhaps have jobs that allow players to break into houses or businesses and steal items or money, and sell them at the black market. Perhaps allow them to steal boats and sell them, increasing the number of players on the water. What about adding in more gang-based violence, with different turfs. Such as one can actually join the Ballas or Vagos, maybe even the Forums gang. I've seen several other mods, that can be added so they give certain benefits, and the NPCs of your gang don't attack you, adding into the gang warfare. Turf wars could be added in as well. I think adding onto the already amazing criminal life, could open all new horizons for new and veteran players alike. Again, just a few ideas.

I’m not sure why those jobs would need to be whitelisted? Regardless, we don’t have any plans to add an additional whitelisted faction.

Turf wars will never be a thing. They promote gunplay over roleplay and only serve to build hostility between groups on the server. That’s not what Badlands is about.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Really like the idea, nothing that would effect game balance but at the same time reward dedications with some QoL perks. 

I think we could even expand further with meth and possibly coke (though its already very good and doesn't really need improving) 

Meth:

level 1 - reduce time to cook from 1 meth from 10s to 9s each (-3.3 minutes every 200) [150k earned]

level 2 - 5% increase in value ($10-18 each) [300k earned]

level 3 - 10% decrease in smoke given off (obviously it wouldn't reduce the actual smoke given off from the cooking animation, but if cops we're to contact an informer the chance of detection would be decreased) [600k earned]