Fail RP / Combat logging

Flori

Scenario 1:
Sooo, I was about to be kidnapped by a couple of punks the other day, the situation was stopped abruptly so the kidnapping actually didn't happen.

The question is: Before this happened I was about to disconnect because my dinner was almost ready in RL. If im in the middle of a forced RP scenario but I need to log off because of RL, im probably gonna be reported for Fail RP or combat logging, right?

Any advice on what to do in this case?

(we can use this thread for questions or discussions of different scenarios, I'd like to see what other people think :) )

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, Flori said:

If im in the middle of a forced RP scenario but I need to log off because of RL, im probably gonna be reported for Fail RP or combat logging, right?

In my experience RL comes first!!! I would simply say OOC Sorry I have a RL situation that i have to attend too please forgive me but i have to go. You may or may not get reported remember its a game the scenario may have only taken minutes to finish but a kidnapping could take a lot longer. Here again its good to record so you can cover yourself and it also serves that if you are reported the admins later down line if it keeps getting reported to link that maybe its being abused not saying you would per say but i think you get what i mean.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Thorgs said:

I would simply say OOC Sorry I have a RL situation that i have to attend too please forgive me but i have to go.

This is a good first step. Generally speaking, there are two things you can do after this to stay within the rules.

1. If they're fine with you leaving, no harm done, go ahead and log out.
  2. If they're not fine with it, the best course of action would be to simply go afk.

As always, we take the context of all reports into consideration before making a decision.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Also you could explain you situation in ooc and tell them that you are more than happy to continue after you get back online if that is what they choose. Because RL does come first though. And I'm sure the admins will see it that way aswell if you quickly send them a message, like sneaky said. 

Edited by DTheOneD
Spell check
  • Like 1