Cuffs defaulted to movement allowed

I was having the discussion on his stream about it, @Medicx21 suggested that when police cuff someone, it should default to allow them to move.  I think this would be a good idea to trial at least.

He also suggested that if he was able to run away (for example, was left unattended) somebody should be able to use a lock pick to unlock the cuffs.

I think as police when we put someone in cuffs we should be staying with them, and/ or putting them in the back of a patrol car anyway, this would help keep us in check with doing that.  It does often happen that an officer will put someone in cuffs and then keep on chasing the next suspect.  The reality of that situation is that person could easily run away.

I think the Toggle player movement should stay in place for super non compliant people obviously, but it shouldnt be the default.

• Like 1

1. I Love the idea of the default is to move as it's up to the police to be aware of their surroundings and their convicts

2. in relation to the lockpicks I'm going to have to to say no - I feel this will promote gunplay, here's my reason ;

If people had the ability to lock pick cuffs of there buddies people wouldn't care about dropping cops left right and centre trying to bust their mates out everytime they get caught. When someones caught they're caught and their buddies cant help them although we can have something like this.

You have a small chance to lock pick someone's handcuffs, this can go two ways. 

1. "You managed to pick the lock first time"  You manage to lock pick the cuffs and they are free to go (below average chance for obvious reasons)

2. "You idiot! You have snapped the lock pick in the keyhole and jammed the cuffs" The can no longer be rescued as they have jammed the cuffs up.

1 lock pick one chance. 

This will prevent

A. Gunplay as the chance is so small is it worth it?

B.  The Exploit of using a large number of lock picks whilst officers are down.

I think my above suggestion could work 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Brendan Thomson said:

IF there is at least some people who are wanting it, then perhaps we just make it a setting that can be changed by every person individually?

They can by just unshackling right away. And bear in mind I have seen a video where they have walked off and been roaming the city for an hour until they decided it wasn't fun anymore and had someone called the police for them.

7 hours ago, Brendan Thomson said:

I think this would be a good idea to trial at least.

5 hours ago, Thorgs said:

This has been discussed before and I would vote not to change it

On 7/7/2018 at 6:31 PM, speed said:

Shackles used to be disabled by default. You'll notice that's no longer the case, for a reason...