Cops Off-roading trough mountains

Dope

Not the first time I delt with this kind of situassion. Its so non realistic insted of them taking helicopters or atlleast SUV's they take theyr dodge challangers, ford crown victorias on steepi hills. And it feels like they are driving lifted trucks with chains around the tires, and giant superchargers. Somebody has to do something about this because at this point cops are way more overpowered and we civilians or criminals can't do nothing againts it. Because going on road you will deal with crown vics that go 150 and offroad you will deal with monter truck crown vics wich take no damage. I wish I would have some video footage just for you to see how ridicilous it is.

• Like 1

I agree, being a criminal in the server is way beyond the imppssible. Take robberies for example. They get machine guns and shotguns and we only het pistols with like to chance of getting away. If you try to escape you cant brake check the cops because "this is VDM" which is bulshit. Whenever we drive a car it gets nerved because its too fast or too strong, but the cop cars are like superfast tanks. Civilians should be equal to cops.. 

• Like 1

Lets try to compare the advantages cops have, and civilians/criminals have
COPS:

• Cars that can take way more damage - (IRL yes they have a unibody)
  • Cars that are faster than most of sports cars - (not realistic 249HP crown vic againts Jaguar F-type R 567HP (Ocelot Lynx)
  • Cops can go offroad on steep hills [RWD cars] - (mud terrain they wouldn't take risks, cars wouldn't be able to deal with this kind of stress, they would set up a perimiter and get a air unit)
  • Tasers - (from 15ft to 21ft or 4.5~6.5m) [not sure on this one]
  • Arrmor - (yes we can use cocaine but its a tad bit and if you are alone againts 3 cops or 2 you will have no chance) [in my opinion armor should be reduced or slow them down]
  • Numbers over head - (if you are in the area where they got a call about potential drug dealing they will go straight up to you ignoring all the locals around)

Civilians/Criminals:

There might be 4 of criminals and you never know what is going to happen
Super cars can't be cought, but they cost few millions
[thats all I could think of for now]

So what I wan't to say by that is not that you would need to make them handicapped but they should look at it in a different perspective IRL its not always about catching the guy its about saving other people too, civilians or locals what ever. When a cop chased me trought the mountains (not dirt roads) legit steep af mountains with his crown vic while I was in a big lifted AWD truck and he cought me because appearantly they can ram you I allmoast lost my shit. And when I asked him does this look legit to you his answer was: "we need to do what ever we can to catch guys like you". Its not theyr fault its the system we live in right now. If I will be able to get into a pursuit with my truck I will give you some fotage. So you could understand how frustrating this can, unfair, unlegit. I would say lets move out of GTA online and think about it this way what would I do, what would a real cop do.

Edited by Dope
  • Like 1

43 minutes ago, Brendan Thomson said:

Crown vics only take one half decent hit and they're out of action...  Most cops avoid them because of their susceptibility for taking damage.

I'm curious in what situation did you encounter police off road?

Gone up the mountain that has the WINEWOOD sing jumped a guard rail, cop did the same then gone to the canyon wich has a river then drove up a really steep mountain towards cocaine lab they were still behind me all the time. I'm happy they didn't try to pass a semi deep river with me. But they didn't do that just because there cars would have not made it

1 hour ago, Dope said:

Its so non realistic insted of them taking helicopters or atlleast SUV's they take theyr dodge challangers, ford crown victorias on steepi hills.

Fortunately only a small amount of dedicated LSPD members have access to the helicopter so its not a thing that is available at all times. The tahoes are extremely good at offroading and i can see how your immersion is ruined by having crown vics and chargers chase you. The thing is man i belive that there no way those chargers climbed up those hills their tires spin soo much on the way up. The crown vics belive it or not are pretty slow , the chargers and bikes are used for speed while the crown vic has great handling. I think what happened here is just good police work.

1 hour ago, Dope said:

cops are way more overpowered and we civilians or criminals can't do nothing againts it. 

Now this is how it is IRL man it is very rare to hear about cases were police were out geared by civilians( it usually happens in the most extreme cases). As far as not being able to do anything about it , there is something criminals can do against it and that is simply out manouver them. I have gotten away multiple times in 300$ sedans, you have to be extremely unpredictable.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Roman Bellic said:

Fortunately only a small amount of dedicated LSPD members have access to the helicopter so its not a thing that is available at all times. The tahoes are extremely good at offroading and i can see how your immersion is ruined by having crown vics and chargers chase you. The thing is man i belive that there no way those chargers climbed up those hills their tires spin soo much on the way up. The crown vics belive it or not are pretty slow , the chargers and bikes are used for speed while the crown vic has great handling. I think what happened here is just good police work.

Now this is how it is IRL man it is very rare to hear about cases were police were out geared by civilians( it usually happens in the most extreme cases). As far as not being able to do anything about it , there is something criminals can do against it and that is simply out manouver them. I have gotten away multiple times in 300$ sedans, you have to be extremely unpredictable.

If im gonna be able im gonna give you guys some footage

• Like 1

Honestly it sounds more to me like you want a guaranteed getaway every time you do something illegal.  The evidence that you're using also leaves out the number of times I've personally had to chase civilian sedans across a beach or through the desert in Sandy Shores and the poor performance of an "OP" police vehicle leads to a getaway.  Or how the Sanchez, a dirtbike, doesn't really do all that well in the dirt.  It's a game, first and foremost, but the dev team does their best to try to keep things in balance.  LIke Roman mentioned, your best bet for a getaway is to be crafty and outsmart the people that are chasing you.

• Like 5

18 minutes ago, tRaShCaN05 said:

Honestly it sounds more to me like you want a guaranteed getaway every time you do something illegal.  The evidence that you're using also leaves out the number of times I've personally had to chase civilian sedans across a beach or through the desert in Sandy Shores and the poor performance of an "OP" police vehicle leads to a getaway.  Or how the Sanchez, a dirtbike, doesn't really do all that well in the dirt.  It's a game, first and foremost, but the dev team does their best to try to keep things in balance.  LIke Roman mentioned, your best bet for a getaway is to be crafty and outsmart the people that are chasing you.

Not the case at all it's just unreal. Also would a cop try to block or pit a big truck going 90mph ? I don't think so. And we are not talking about desert its mountains cliffs and rocks we are talking about

Edited by Dope

2 hours ago, Dope said:
  • Cars that can take way more damage - (IRL yes they have a unibody)
    • 100% false
  • Cars that are faster than most of sports cars - (not realistic 249HP crown vic againts Jaguar F-type R 567HP (Ocelot Lynx)
    • Severely misleading. Most vehicles, including police, have been toned down for gameplay reasons. Some cars are effected more than others, but the overall multiplier is relatively universal.
  • Cops can go offroad on steep hills [RWD cars] - (mud terrain they wouldn't take risks, cars wouldn't be able to deal with this kind of stress, they would set up a perimiter and get a air unit)
    • Civilians can do the exact same thing. And since you're mentioning this, I'm willing to bet you're one of them.
    • You're assuming police have the numbers to do what you're suggesting. Keep in mind there's a limited number of officers that can be online at any time.
  • Tasers - (from 15ft to 21ft or 4.5~6.5m) [not sure on this one]
    • Civilans have plenty of ways to counter Tasers. They're as strong as they are for a reason.
  • Arrmor - (yes we can use cocaine but its a tad bit and if you are alone againts 3 cops or 2 you will have no chance) [in my opinion armor should be reduced or slow them down]
    • Armor simulates vests that cops wear irl. It does not make them invincible. Many criminals can attest to being able to one-shot cops
    • The fact that you think you should "have a chance" being significantly outnumbered by cops perfectly demonstrates your position on "realism"
  • Numbers over head - (if you are in the area where they got a call about potential drug dealing they will go straight up to you ignoring all the locals around)
    • You realize the range for numbers is very small, right? If they come right up to you, they already knew you were a player.
    • Officers are trained on these situations. You may be watched by a cop, even if you don't realize it.

The system we have is the result of a year and a half of balancing to create the most fair and mutually entertaining experience possible. At the end of the day this is a video game, and concessions need to be made in lieu of realism for the sake of gameplay.

My advice to you:
Spend more time on the server, and apply for PD at some point. You'll come to realize why things are the way they are, it's really not unfair, and criminals have just as many advantages as police do.

I'm going to go ahead and close this, because this discussion is way too "I don't understand the system and want to win more often" to be beneficial to anyone.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 4

• speed locked this topic