Just a collection of ideas and tweaks.

Kota

Just a collection of a few ideas/tweaks

1. Breaking into local vehicles - We can already break into and steal local vehicles. I would also like when you do that the ability to search the car and trunk for a wallet or even some small valuables be an option... could even reuse some of the loot from the scuba diving... But this would turn that sorta loot into an illegal job that requires effort. If breaking into a vehicle it stands a chance to trigger a police alert... if a car alarm sounds 100 percent an alert will be triggered. 

2. Shoplifting -  Being able to shoplift a couple of low tier items of food and drinks from stores. Triggering an alert to police. 

3. Breaking handcuffs - Honestly, I am torn on this one but I don't see any reason why we can't add an option to break out of cuffs if the cops don't pay attention and you escape. I get not having it as an item but maybe having to go to a mechanic shop and have them use a pair of bolt cutters... It adds a bit of risk as that mechanic could just turn around and call the cops on you or they could help with removing the cuffs. But being able to get in and out of a car with cuffs on should be a thing. 

4. Hospital bed send for treatment/revive tweak - Since Pillbox is now fixed why not use that new interior as the place where police and EMS go have downed folks treated. Just for immersion reasons and do not require a teleport you could just have them take them to an empty bed and drop them there. Really no reason to plop them on a circle just to teleport them to pillbox when you could just walk them into the building and right to a bed. 

Edited by Kota Taylor

1 hour ago, Kota Taylor said:

3. Breaking handcuffs - Honestly, I am torn on this one but I don't see any reason why we can't add an option to break out of cuffs if the cops don't pay attention and you escape. I get not having it as an item but maybe having to go to a mechanic shop and have them use a pair of bolt cutters... It adds a bit of risk as that mechanic could just turn around and call the cops on you or they could help with removing the cuffs. But being able to get in and out of a car with cuffs on should be a thing. 

At the same time though, that makes people not think twice about shooting cops and getting their friends out. I like that we need to keep a cop hostage to get friends out, it adds the need to have a strategy to get ppl out of cuffs.

15 minutes ago, Gianni Vermicelli said:

At the same time though, that makes people not think twice about shooting cops and getting their friends out. I like that we need to keep a cop hostage to get friends out, it adds the need to have a strategy to get ppl out of cuffs.

That would still be an option. But also you have to think about it this way. This adds another way to do it for those that just manage to escape in those rare instances of being unshackled. Basically dealing with a cop that's not paying attention. I don't believe it would raise the rate of shooting cops as they would have to engage the cops anyways to get the free as it works now. But you add the ability to break them out with the help of a third party not involved it adds to roleplay. What is that mechanic gonna do help the criminal or call the cops? That mechanic is putting himself at risk helping maybe the criminal now owes the mechanic a favor. Maybe not maybe he snitches and the criminal later comes back pissed....  It then adds to the cops roleplay by tracking down said mechanic and getting a story and description of events. Maybe even charging the mechanic with aiding and abetting a criminal. If you think about it what seems to have the more in-depth RP here? Just the typical hold up the cops to let people go? Or being able to have a clean escape and require roleplaying with someone else to break out? 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Kota Taylor said:

That would still be an option. But also you have to think about it this way. This adds another way to do it for those that just manage to escape in those rare instances of being unshackled. Basically dealing with a cop that's not paying attention. I don't believe it would raise the rate of shooting cops as they would have to engage the cops anyways to get the free as it works now. But you add the ability to break them out with the help of a third party not involved it adds to roleplay. What is that mechanic gonna do help the criminal or call the cops? That mechanic is putting himself at risk helping maybe the criminal now owes the mechanic a favor. Maybe not maybe he snitches and the criminal later comes back pissed....  It then adds to the cops roleplay by tracking down said mechanic and getting a story and description of events. Maybe even charging the mechanic with aiding and abetting a criminal. If you think about it what seems to have the more in-depth RP here? Just the typical hold up the cops to let people go? Or being able to have a clean escape and require roleplaying with someone else to break out? 

yea no i totally get what you mean, i was just adding in my 2 cents on the subject. Gotta remember, not everyone in this community is in it for the RP, some people are in it to win unfortunately.

Edited by Gianni Vermicelli
  • Like 2

On 2/17/2019 at 4:20 PM, Kota Taylor said:

2. Shoplifting -  Being able to shoplift a couple of low tier items of food and drinks from stores. Triggering an alert to police. 

I like both of these ideas. Shoplifting could get you a free water bottle or a taco or something along those lines; definitely not the colas or pizzas.

For the handcuff idea, I think lock picks would work here, either a second person would need a lock pick for a much higher success rate (Somewhere like 65-70%), or the person in cuffs could have somewhere like a 30% success rate and have it scale with their strength by x%