New blood in town

HalcyonEnd

21 minutes ago, Isabella Sanchez said:

Welcome to the city! I would recommend maybe opening up a mechanic shop or doing taxi to try and meet some new faces?

Thanks!

I've thought about doing both of those actually. I feel really dumb asking this, but how does one actually setup at a mechanic shop? I've looked through all the how-to guides but I don't seem to find it. I didn't know if someone had to own them first or something. The job center lets you clock in as an engineer but I thought that was for doing repair jobs with the engineering kits or something else so I was confused. I feel like I'm missing something simple.

It's been a while since I've done it, you basically clock in and then head to one of the marked mechanic shops (looks like white tools on the map) and then just advertise you are open and where at, and people will come to you. You can repair cars for free and charge what you like (usual standard rate is like $500) or just work off of tips. I don't remember the actual job you clock into though, so maybe someone else can chime in. It might be tow truck?

Welcome to the city!! There's a lot of great people to meet within the city and there's always chances for great RP here. 

1 hour ago, Isabella Sanchez said:

I don't remember the actual job you clock into though, so maybe someone else can chime in. It might be tow truck?

If you're wanting to get started as a mechanic (Which I recommend once you're able to get yourself situated), you should head to the job center and clock in as the Tow Truck job. It's a great job to get you introduced to people and you'll make lots of connections

• Thanks 1