AFK Timer

IT is not always an issue, but there are time that I see 2-3 people going AFK for an extended periods of time. And at the same time there are people waiting in queue to get into the servers. Is it possible to enable an AFK timer that kicks people off the server after "X amount of time", if there are X# of people in queue.

I am not sure if there has been a post about this I did search for it, and found nothing.

Edited by keebler_mfn_elf
  • Like 2

As someone with a 4-year old that requires me to go afk 10-15 mins sometimes, I would get pretty pissed if I had to wait at the back of the line for sometimes over an hour due to IRL stuff out of my control not to mention when I already have a very strict amount of time to play.... So I would vote in favor of a hard no on this... There is already a way for people going afk to get kicked, I know admins will kick people not being productive for long periods of time.

My suggestion to avoid the queue is to join at the storms... I haven't had to wait on a queue in over two weeks. Minus one time I crashed. 

Edited by Kota Taylor
  • Like 2

Just now, Kota Taylor said:

As someone with a 4-year old that requires me to go afk 10-15 mins sometimes, I would get pretty pissed if I had to wait at the back of the line for sometimes over an hour due to IRL stuff out of my control not to mention when I already have a very strict amount of time to play.... 

I have no issue with 10-15 min. its the people that are going afk for hours taking up a slot from someone.

• Like 3

I would have to agree with keebler. 10-15 mins is definitely acceptable imo. Kids or not,  we all have things in our personal lives that needs to be attended too and thats ok. BUT I have seen it plenty of times people going afk for an hour or more when the server queues are high and busy. To my knowledge there is no timer...because i accidentally fell asleep whilst  playing one time and i was out for at least 2 hours and came back in the same spot and never got kicked from server. There needs to be a timer for sure imo. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Kota Taylor said:

My suggestion to avoid the queue is to join at the storms... I haven't had to wait on a queue in over two weeks. Minus one time I crashed. 

That is a great suggestion, but that dose not work for everyone, people are all over the world on the server, and sometimes they do not have the chance to come into the server right after a storm.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, keebler_mfn_elf said:

Well, with or with out kids, if you need to step away for that long, maybe you should step out and maybe give someone a chance to get some RP.

15 hours ago, Richie said:

Apparently you dont have kids, i think closer to 30min - 1hr would be more reasonable  

Again i agree with keebler here. If you have kids OR Not and You need to step away for more then 15 mins ,you should log out and give someone else chance to RP, Specially with The high queues we been having lately. Otherwise that would be kinda selfish on your part. Why should someone have to wait longer in queue cause you have kids? XD  

Edited by unrealjay
  • Like 1

Some of us have very limited time we can actually sit down to play, having children is part of this reason. You’re saying i should should completely give up a day of playing because i happen to have to spend 20 min to make my child a meal?

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Richie said:

Some of us have very limited time we can actually sit down to play, having children is part of this reason. You’re saying i should should completely give up a day of playing because i happen to have to spend 20 min to make my child a meal?

No I am not saying 20 min, I am saying people that go away for 30 min +m and taking up a slot for even more then that. Life is always put first, but there are some people that I have seen come into the city and then go afk for an extended period of time, come back for 5 min to just eat and then go afk again. This is the stuff that needs to be put in check.