Voice on Whisper while down

Flori

A while ago there was a change implemented that whenever you go down, your voice volume goes automatically to whisper. While I see one benefit to this change, it also has a big negative impact for EMS when trying to communicate with the patient at a distance. Many times when for different reasons we can't move in to assist that patient, because they can't hear us saying what's going on, they just think we are abandoning them, or not doing our jobs. Before, when we would set our volume to yell, and approach them as close as possible they could still hear us. Can we revert this please?

• Like 5

I think it might be worth thinking about. it happened to me once to get downed behind a van, some1 else got downed nearby in the open. Guess what happened: EMS arrived, revived the one guy but didn't see me. I mean if anything, it would be plausible to be able to scream from the top of your lungs if you're badly injured. So patients should imo also be able to "shout". Why would it be restricted in the first place?

Edited by StanJoeHall
Clarification

I think if it could be tweaked that they could hear yelling but could only project their voice at a whisper that would be a good middle ground. I personally like the change as before you would have someone down screaming at the top of their lungs and ruining immersion for people. realistically if you're out and don't have the strength to be up on your feet I don't see why you would be able to scream long distances. 

2 hours ago, Flori said:

While I see one benefit to this change, it also has a big negative impact for EMS when trying to communicate with the patient at a distance

Why would you be trying to communicate at a distance most EMS I have seen move in and are crouched down talking to them I mean what scenario would you get out of the ambulance and have to try and yell to the patient " Hey what's wrong with you" even in real world the medic gets close to the patient and talks to them. The only scene I know of if there is a car pile up with explosions but then you would probably wait for it to stop before moving in or would rush in and move them out of the carnage. If there are other situations then my apology I don't do the job so just trying to gage a perspective 

1 hour ago, Kota Taylor said:

I think if it could be tweaked that they could hear yelling but could only project their voice at a whisper that would be a good middle ground. I personally like the change as before you would have someone down screaming at the top of their lungs and ruining immersion for people. realistically if you're out and don't have the strength to be up on your feet I don't see why you would be able to scream long distances. 

Have you ever seen person whos burning or just got severely burned, whispering you how much it hurts?

I would love to see downed people shouting to be returned. Not only for reasons Flori saying, it also helps me to locate them when they are down in woods or something. Now I get people who shout for the hell if it can be annoying but you can turn yourself on whisper to ignore them.

4 hours ago, Thorgs said:

Why would you be trying to communicate at a distance most EMS I have seen move in and are crouched down talking to them I mean what scenario would you get out of the ambulance and have to try and yell to the patient " Hey what's wrong with you" even in real world the medic gets close to the patient and talks to them. The only scene I know of if there is a car pile up with explosions but then you would probably wait for it to stop before moving in or would rush in and move them out of the carnage. If there are other situations then my apology I don't do the job so just trying to gage a perspective 

There are situations when we can't get close to the patient, move in to revive. This is when this change would come in handy, to let the patient know why we can't assist. when everything is clear then yes of course we treat them right at the spot.

• Like 2

I can confirm that this is sometimes and issue when there are multiple people down in a small area but one of them is covered by something.

Saw my buddy getting robbed by two thugs at the mechanic so I hopped out playing hero, yelled at them and opened fire. Three of us went down and only one EMT on duty so she revived them out in the open but didn't even see me and I couldn't say anything nor could I even hear her or the other players. I'm not sure how she even knew I was there, think I waited until I saw she was about to leave and hit my life alert button. Even my buddy thought I had gotten away so he wouldn't have told her I was there bleeding out behind a wall nearby.

On 3/23/2019 at 12:22 AM, Flori said:

There are situations when we can't get close to the patient, move in to revive. This is when this change would come in handy, to let the patient know why we can't assist. when everything is clear then yes of course we treat them right at the spot.

What about a chat that is only available for players in proximity, and phased?
For example player is dead at a spot u cant reach but hes within 50 yards, a simple check to see wheter he's dead will determine if he is able to see your messages.
And reply to you since you are also in the proximity?

Just a suggestion, this is doable, but will require a lot of thinking on a developers end.