Priority queue

Sam

I personally don't like the priority queue system because its super frustrating, I was at the first position in queue for a while and was slowly moved back top the 5th position over the span of 45 minutes. I waited patiently until a server restart to join the server and Its simply not fair that someone who has been in the server longer should be put in front of me. And its especially frustrating for someone who has 0 queue priority because they can wait in the queue for hours but it would be nearly impossible for them to get in. In my opinion players who join and wait patiently shouldn't be punished simply because they chose not to participate in white listed jobs and/or are new to the server. 

There has to be a better solution for the queue problems that doesn't alienate players who don't have any priority.

(I understand that I have some priority but my friends who don't I feel bad for them because they're also just trying to RP have have fun)

Because I think some priority is necessary (admins at the very least) and some whitelisted faction priority is a good thing for healthy RP and balancing economy, but that the current form of priority queue feels untenable, just chiming in again with the idea stolen from TFRP of a small number of priority slots (something like 1-2 admin, 2 police, 1-2 EMS, and once those are filled no further priority or bumping occurs, but those filling those slots are required to be on duty because they're taking up those slots). 

• Like 1

My two cents here. With the draw on new players by popular twitch streamers, there is a great number of new people trying to get in to test it out and see if they can meet their idols in game. These new players may stick around to better the BL community or they might not. I know there are plenty of people that just want to be seen on a live stream and once they've had their 15 minutes of fame, they leave. This forces the regular player base to wade through queues of ''fans'' who don't actually have much interest in RPing. Of course this is not the case for all people, but its certainly something I can see happening. Giving the whitelisted factions queue priority prevents the server from becoming one big free for all and keeps the civ vs. emergency services balanced. Giving regular and loyal people queue priority will most likely not last forever but its certainly nice to be appreciated and valued for now. You asked for a better solution to the queue problem that doesn't alienate players without the priority. Well, Steve's answer is your answer. Server 3 was created because of the large queues and popular demand. It *is* the solution to long waits. They could have also made that have queue priority but they didn't because they believe, as I do, that its a good balance.

I think priority queue is necessary, especially now with the new players that are coming in. Obviously it can have negative impact on those without it, but having the white listed players who will possibly be clocking on EMS/PD duty in the city is beneficial in any aspect. Sure, there can be systems in place to track how often a priority player clocks on duty when in that session, but a player can't be forced to clock in simply because of their status. Leaving priority off of S3 was a good idea and I believe it is the solution for new players that do not have the priority or white listing yet. 

• Like 1