Summer Event Idea.

r3v0Lt55

So been thinking about some time of event that we can do for the Summer time that would get PD, EMS, and Civilians all doing some Summer style activities together. So the Idea I came up with was 1 day of the week (was thinking Saturdays) for a couple hours after one of the server restarts ( you could rotate which server every week or do all of them ) have beach event where we try to get everyone down to the beach for music, booze, food and some type of activity (which would change from week to week). And we could do this from the months of April - July.  So while this is the general idea I will try to explain how the first week could go so you have a better Idea what I had in mind.

So first week could look something like this. 2 est restart happens its Beach Party Time at the beach by the pier! EMS would be allowed to go on duty as a life guard  where they would be allowed to go to the clothing shop and change models to the male or female life guard. They would also be allowed to Patrol the beaches in the marked Lifeguard vehicles that are on the beach (of course they would have to lock pick them). PD might be allowed to patrol the beach area in their shorts and short sleeves while driving bikes and police atv (I have seen pics online but dont know if they spawn in city or can be turned on by admins) as well as the water vehicles.  Allow 15 mins or so for people to get dressed accordingly and get on down to the beach.  Then from 2:15 - 2::45 while everyone is gathering there could have a DJ or some type of music set up at one of those Stage Trucks, we can also have food trucks and beer vehicles here during this time for people to make sure they have their essentials. From 2:45-2:50 (or 3 depending on if people listen) would stop the music and have everyone at the beach area listen in for the rules or the activity. 3:00 - 3:30  have the event. Week would could possibly be some sort of jet ski race starting at beach going through tunnel to canals to industrial area then back to beach on ocean side. After event things could just wind down and people go their separate way or if people want to continue things then they could stay on beach or move after party to yacht. From here EMS and PD would have to gauge whether beach is still needs to be patrolled or if they can go back to their regular city duties.

The idea hear is to give people not to structured of an environment but still engaging them in some sort of Summer related activities around the beach. I have other Ideas that can go for the other weeks but I was just trying to get this out there to try and get some of our idea people thinking of ways to make this actually happen.  This is also an event that doesn't necessarily need admin powers to assist in (with spawning of vehicles and such) as most can be found and lock picked or items purchased and stored at an earlier date and put in mules to be taken out on beach day. If admins do want to get involved though and make the process easier then by means I'd appreciate it. Brainstorm, share your thoughts, and lets try and get something like this to happen if its what people in the server want.

• Like 9

Are you interested in being part of the event team, Jerome? As mentioned prior:

There is an official event team being structured. This team will enable players within the community to host events alongside or even without the assistance of staff, after demonstrating the interest and skills necessary to be successful. It will allow open communication between the individuals planning events, and the admins overseeing them.

Usually this wouldn't really apply for faction-specific events (as it isn't affecting the public), but if you're going to bring in other factions/the public or involve complex mechanics, you really should pass your ideas through an admin first. Personally, from my own experience, I can help you find ideas that work well, and avoid those that do not. I'm also willing to help with with operations to ensure that things run smoothly and timely.

I don't really see an issue with events being planned for a specific department, but planned events involving multiple factions within Badlands should be, in general, communicated with staff first.

I'm all for a summer plan on events that can cycle week to week, just as an FYI. Sounds fun.

• Like 1