ability to take money during a mugging

Merr Khan

Is it in anyway possible to make it so during a mugging, were the victim is complying (with hands up), that the Mugger can see whats in there pockets for money/inventory? Maybe can take X-% or a up to a fixed amount of cash/items ($1000 max). In this manner the mugger cant just shoot and take all the money, or anything if player is down. Also the victim cant just say "shoot me" cause they know the medics are on and they wont lose anything that way. 

Maybe make mugging an illegal job that gives the ability to pick pockets of players & locals too. Were there is a chance to fail/get caught and reported to police, or would also show up on licence check as job and warrant fines/jail time. Kind of like the illegal hacker job I've seen on other servers. 

This is my personal opinion on the matter:
I am getting really tired of the random criminal punkness. I know that many ppl's characters are just that, punks, by this i mean low life criminals including muggers, trigger happies, trouble makers with zero depth in their characters. The RP in these situations is absolutely worthless and its completely disruptive when you are trying to participate in some interesting situations. I get that obviously everybody has the right to choose who they wanna be in-game, but if we even make it easier for those ppl who arent in it for the RP itself, but for the random things i mentioned before, it will just get more annoying.

I understand how an open server works, but it gets very frustrating when the population of "serious RPrs" drops steeply in comparison with the hundreds of players who don't even know the rules to RP. 

I am not asking for a server full of priests and nuns, my humble suggestion is that something like this happens eventually down the line when/if there would be a whitelisted server. At least I would expect that the criminals there will put an effort in their RP when they do whatever they do to their victims and make it fun for everybody :)

P.S. Not talking about your character at all @Richard Power

Edited by Flori
  • Like 4

35 minutes ago, Flori said:

This is my personal opinion on the matter:
I am getting really tired of the random criminal punkness. I know that many ppl's characters are just that, punks, by this i mean low life criminals including muggers, trigger happies, trouble makers with zero depth in their characters. The RP in these situations is absolutely worthless and its completely disruptive when you are trying to participate in some interesting situations. I get that obviously everybody has the right to choose who they wanna be in-game, but if we even make it easier for those ppl who arent in it for the RP itself, but for the random things i mentioned before, it will just get more annoying.

I understand how an open server works, but it gets very frustrating when the population of "serious RPrs" drops steeply in comparison with the hundreds of players who don't even know the rules to RP. 

I am not asking for a server full of priests and nuns, my humble suggestion is that something like this happens eventually down the line when/if there would be a whitelisted server. At least I would expect that the criminals there will put an effort in their RP when they do whatever they do to their victims and make it fun for everybody :)

P.S. Not talking about your character at all @Richard Power

While I don't want to start this conversation formally on this topic, most low life punks will have a harder time when there is some sort of database on crim/warrant system.

I do 100% agree with you though, while low life crim is fun and all I haven't met a criminal mastermind in my two weeks on the server.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, XZiggsX said:

While I don't want to start this conversation formally on this topic, most low life punks will have a harder time when there is some sort of database on crim/warrant system.

Hope this is something that will happen at some point :)

9 minutes ago, XZiggsX said:

I do 100% agree with you though, while low life crim is fun and all I haven't met a criminal mastermind in my two weeks on the server.

They are there!! just hard to find... lol
Believe me, I've met some of these interesting characters :P

Yah i get what you mean @Flori, a lot of the criminal's aren't really criminals. More like kids who don't want to follow the rules of RP and think its a quick way to rightfully shoot someone. Or grinding drugs for $ before they even meet anyone, and change their starting clothes.  

I retired Teddy Reaper, (I'm assuming that's the character of mine you "weren't talking about"?) thought players were getting pissed about getting mugged. Ended up hitting the same people over and over because they kept doing the same power gaming that "attracted" my attention in the 1st place. Didn't want to get a bad vibe going.

But I guess, as Teddy, if I was RPing a petty criminal the right way, then i can pull him out of early retirement. lol 

5 hours ago, XZiggsX said:

That's the way it should be if they are a mastermind, standing in plain sight, but in the shadows were no one knows what they do.