Car Tuning and Customization

D. Torretto

I feel like a lot of these vehicles that are in the server should have way more customization to them, performance and cosmetics. It seems that if you are racing someone with the same car as you there isn't any competition because their car is the same speed as yours. I feel like upgrades such as turbos, engine, transmission, and brakes should all play a factor in what your car can do. Maybe add prices to the upgrades. Maybe this turbo will make more power than the other because you picked the one that was just right for your car. I would like to see some more interior and exterior modding available as well to really set that personalization. One more thing the Sabre Turbo, It has a wheelie bar you can put on it. So, why not spend 10k on a supercharger, engine management, and other upgrades thus resulting in maybe about 200 more HP making it able to have a 6 inch life of the ground when you gun it. I know this things would probably be hard to implement, but this would be awesome and I am sure people who like the whole racing thing would like it as well. Thank you.

There are a lot of limitations for this type of request. We are working off of the base GTA V game and not building an actual game of our own here. Almost all options you can find in GTA:O are available as LScustoms on our server. If there are specific things missing then we can definitely look into adding them in the future. There will be a pricing implementation for LScustoms but not until we are more comfortable with vehicle handling as a standalone. We need to make sure vehicle handling/speed etc is in a good place before adding mods on top of it.

• 7 months later...

My suggestion isn't quite the same, but it's similar. I've noticed some upgrades, and modifications on at least one car that aren't there, that should be. The four-door sultan is missing side skirts, engine, turbo, and transmission upgrades. There's literally no way to increase the speed, acceleration or sound of the car. Tuner cars are kinda my thing, and the four-door sultan was going to be one of my daily drivers in BL-RP, but that's unlikely now if it can't be upgraded. I'm sure there's some other cars that can't get the upgrades I feel they should, and I'm curious if there's a reason for that.

Thanks for your reply in advance. =3

4 hours ago, spiffy926 said:

Also, the turbo upgrade for the Hauler doesn't actually change the engine in any way I can figure, I would love to see more support for upgrading big rigs.

I’m unsure about the hauler, I noticed the difference in the phantom though.