Make Illegal's more profitable.

Hey all, I have not been on the server a great length of time by any means(a month+) but what I have noticed is the illegals are not profitable at all in comparison to some of the legal. I mean we are all on a RP server to RP and get interaction, yet one of the most profitable things to do in the game is scuba dive which provides 0 interaction with other players. I mean I can easily pull down 70-100k per hour scuba diving. Ask nearly any business owner in the city and they will tell you they got the money by Scuba Diving or making wine. Wine you can pull down 150k(for a perfect 100), but even for 2 people you can still make around 130k in a little over an hours time. 

So lets discuss illegals.

Cocaine: You have to purchase the leaves either through your own business or another player providing risk of A. Losing them by not making them in time if you get pulled over, crash ect… and B. getting scammed by another player(it happens). Then you have to get the Cement by A. illegally collecting it from the factory(more risk) or buying it from the hardware store. Once you have the components you have to cook it at one spot that is known by everyone on the map and swept VERY often by police(super high risk). Once that is completed you have to sell(super high risk) and potentially lose it all. Now with the changes to dirty money, the risk is much greater of losing a huge investment. Just about every business owner I have talked to are no longer accepting dirty money because of the huge potential of loss. Don't get me wrong I am NOT asking to make doing illegals less risky...all I am asking is for the reward to be worth the risk. It takes approx. 2 hours to do a full run of coke from components to cooking to selling with massive risk, and for what? 100k at BEST. Why would anyone ever want to do that when they could make 2x(or more) that amount in the same time with 0 risk?

I have spoken with a lot of people around the city about this and they have a similar view to mine and I hope that come here to voice that opinion.

Also, weed and meth is really low for selling...like 250$ per...that is 25,000 for doing an entire 100 weed or meth. Like you can do gold and make more than that. 

So I guess what I am trying to say is I think the legal things should either be lowered or illegals boosted...especially now things are getting riskier to do.

Robbing convenient stores is just another example. A lot of times that provides great interaction but why even think about risking it for what...7-9k? That wont even cover a speeding ticket. I know the argument here too..."Well if its all about RP then just do it" I actually do rob stores quite frequently and enjoy the interaction, but I think this is just a really good way to get more players involved in something other than diving. I mean if we make all the illegal stuff so obsolete the police will have nothing to do but drive around and write tickets, and I have been on Altis life servers that it happened and it sucked. 

Please no one take this as an attack or anything of the sort...it is just a suggestion and something that I have noticed over time and have heard a lot of players voice concerns over.

Thank you for listening,

Keyser

• Like 1

I did search and it brought back 16 pages...none that I looked through were talking specifically about this. I saw things about a weapons dealer, hardcore server, ect...ect...so I made a new post full well knowing this would be the first response. If I missed an exact post like mine somewhere in the 16 pages of searching Illegal I apologize.

I 100% agree with the OP.

Weed and meth is garbage and a waste of time and money, especially meth, it sells for nothing and it has a huge risk of being caught if police pay informants + it's not even worth a 60k investment. 

Coke is fine tbh, it's tricky doing solo since you never know when police shows up, but if you have a scout/overwatch at the area around coke lab, you can easily escape before cops show up.

Trucking jobs is a waste of 120k investment and it pays almost identic to gold runs. EDIT: I was wrong, trucking is pretty nice, it pays around 45k an hour if youre efficient

Deliveries are fine.

Gold is fine.

The explosive mining is garbage and a waste of time, its slower than gold and might pay a little more. (but you need to buy dynamites so its an unessecary investment)

Fishing is a waste of time unless for RP.

I haven't tried taxi.

Repairing windmills / satelittes are "fine" but very boring in the long run.

Scuba diving probably needs a nerf or buff the illegals, since now I rely on being bored out of my mind doing gold to make money as a solo player with little effort, and getting to that sweet 2 mil doing gold takes years.

EMS work is fine and so is police.

TL:DR; 5/8 legal jobs are a waste of time and so is 2/3 illegal jobs.

Edited by Chan Wong

There have been a few jobs that I haven't partaken in within our city. Meth and Wine being the two biggest coming to immediate mind. Like most people who've been here long enough, I have dipped into almost everything else, however.

I wouldn't say there needs to be an overall adjustment. I could see weed being a bit more profitable, even if it's just slightly, but it's also widely available and easy to obtain. You can't take something that is so easy to get your hands on and raise the profits without also changing availability. As noted I don't have experience working with Meth so I don't know the investment / returns of that.

As jobs sit right now, I think they could stay where they're at and be fine. I imagine the administration does regular evaluations on the server's economy and makes adjustments to keep things as balanced as they can be with a number of factors considered.

At the end of the day, however, I believe the choosing factor should be RP and interaction within the city. I don't focus on money and, perhaps, this is why I don't think the economy on these jobs really needs to be adjusted. I know the investment, risk, and reward for most jobs. The reason I don't scuba dive is because it has, almost every time, no interaction with others (despite knowing it's a profitable job). Sometimes I choose to take on the coke factor by myself because it's the challenge of not getting caught and, depending on which police officer catches me, a guaranteed good time if I do get caught. I don't care if I lose all my product / money. Regardless of outcome, I have a good time. I either make money or I get to reflect on an RP event.

1 hour ago, Chan Wong said:

Trucking jobs is a waste of 120k investment and it pays almost identic to gold runs.

I'm not sure how you came to this observation but I would disagree with it. Yes, $120,000 is a steep investment but I know of a number of people - and have personally made - around $100,000 / hour trucking (it can fluctuate higher or lower depending on RNG). It's not the most profitable but it is the most consistent with the only prep / investment being the truck itself, gas, and vehicle repairs. In 1 - 2 hours time you can easily make the investment of the truck price back and almost any single trip can cover the price of gas and repairs with plenty of left over for profit. (Funny story, though - I once had a delivery that asked me to cross the street. Shortest trip ever lol).

By far, trucking is one of the easiest and most consistently paying jobs in the city. It's a job you have to enjoy, though, and there's even a slight risk involved with it too that adds the core purpose of RP to it. Time is money, friend, and I waste no time getting from point A to point B. Sometimes the local bears catch up to you. See if you can get away with feedin' them a premium donut to get you back on your way. ;)

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Chan Wong said:

I 100% agree with the OP.

Weed and meth is garbage and a waste of time and money, especially meth, it sells for nothing and it has a huge risk of being caught if police pay informants + it's not even worth a 60k investment. 

Coke is fine tbh, it's tricky doing solo since you never know when police shows up, but if you have a scout/overwatch at the area around coke lab, you can easily escape before cops show up.

Trucking jobs is a waste of 120k investment and it pays almost identic to gold runs.

Deliveries are fine.

Gold is fine.

The explosive mining is garbage and a waste of time, its slower than gold and might pay a little more. (but you need to buy dynamites so its an unessecary investment)

Fishing is a waste of time unless for RP.

I haven't tried taxi.

Repairing windmills / satelittes are "fine" but very boring in the long run.

Scuba diving probably needs a nerf or buff the illegals, since now I rely on being bored out of my mind doing gold to make money as a solo player with little effort, and getting to that sweet 2 mil doing gold takes years.

EMS work is fine and so is police.

TL:DR; 5/8 legal jobs are a waste of time and so is 2/3 illegal jobs.

Wow I mean to you almost everything is garbage and not recommending possible solutions.  What keeps you here on the server then? Must be the RP?

You all talk about profits as in a easy way to fill your pockets more so as what's my fastest get rich job? 

With the exception to explosive mining and air missions I have done the rest since the server started and their has been moderate progress in payment for these jobs and some nerfs. Meth is a tricky subject since the bug of the RV itself but that's been discussed before and I'm not going to get into the particulars. Most claims its not worth it but the RV is mobile if you know what you're doing it's very hard to get caught even with the informant. As Saja said weed is easy to do and many places to grow it again if your smart and watch what you're doing also hard to get caught. 

As the timer on washing money was long overdue and I'm sure they will monitor it and adjust accordingly but how many made millions + when you could wash it like the snap of a finger? It always strikes me that these post come out when something change hence the timer on washing.  And also if you sell smart how many times have you not been caught or if ever? Also as to the getting the cocoa leaves if you drive the speed limit no way should you not have the time to get there if you speed and got caught that's to your stupidity. And I personally would not go and get it as to not get scammed unless the business owner had it with him. Money comes over time not over night and unless you realize it your always gonna complain its never enough and realize if your doing illegal stuff you have to have risk. And I know some will say I don't know what I'm talking about but as for my cop side I have tried to bust many selling and the smart ones have either eluded me or maybe gotten caught and they know who they are I won't name them. And as far as my civilian life when I did do drugs back then I have never been caught cooking meth or selling I can say @Bob Danglealmost got me selling meth one time and after that I changed how I did it every time. 

1 hour ago, Thorgs said:

Wow I mean to you almost everything is garbage and not recommending possible solutions.  What keeps you here on the server then? Must be the RP?

You all talk about profits as in a easy way to fill your pockets more so as what's my fastest get rich job? 

With the exception to explosive mining and air missions I have done the rest since the server started and their has been moderate progress in payment for these jobs and some nerfs. Meth is a tricky subject since the bug of the RV itself but that's been discussed before and I'm not going to get into the particulars. Most claims its not worth it but the RV is mobile if you know what you're doing it's very hard to get caught even with the informant. As Saja said weed is easy to do and many places to grow it again if your smart and watch what you're doing also hard to get caught. 

As the timer on washing money was long overdue and I'm sure they will monitor it and adjust accordingly but how many made millions + when you could wash it like the snap of a finger? It always strikes me that these post come out when something change hence the timer on washing.  And also if you sell smart how many times have you not been caught or if ever? Also as to the getting the cocoa leaves if you drive the speed limit no way should you not have the time to get there if you speed and got caught that's to your stupidity. And I personally would not go and get it as to not get scammed unless the business owner had it with him. Money comes over time not over night and unless you realize it your always gonna complain its never enough and realize if your doing illegal stuff you have to have risk. And I know some will say I don't know what I'm talking about but as for my cop side I have tried to bust many selling and the smart ones have either eluded me or maybe gotten caught and they know who they are I won't name them. And as far as my civilian life when I did do drugs back then I have never been caught cooking meth or selling I can say @Bob Danglealmost got me selling meth one time and after that I changed how I did it every time. 

Yes, I do stay because I love RP, but I was just saying when it comes to 100% making money, most stuff is a waste of time. I just made a list of my personal opinion on how to actually gain money on the server, since the economy doesn't only come from standing around the 2/6 all day talking. People have super cars, people have businesses, and that's made with money. That's where my point is.

If you focus 100% on making money, the list I made is accurate in my opinion, hence why I bothered writing it down. I personally never 100% grind money, but its something I like doing when I don't feel like engaging in roleplay 24/7. My end goal is to own a business, and that won't happen if I RP around town half the time on the server.

I enjoy the server, I enjoy RP, but when my squad or me solo wants to focus on making money for an hour or two, there aren't many great options, so it gets dull in the long run, which is also why we take RP breaks. Not everyone here enjoys standing around talking like its a chat room, and not everyone here likes to grind for money, thats why there are different kinds of jobs and stuff to do. You play as you wish, and I play as I wish, in the end we're both here in the city trying to stay out of trouble, right?

• Like 1