Certified First Responders - Medic LSPD Members

I couldn't agree more. The lack of medical roleplay and general scene roleplay involving injured persons, is 100% lacking when EMS aren't available. I do believe that having this implemented will still keep it "balanced". Understandably you could argue, well all officers will just join ems. Personally I don't think that would happen. You could also if needed, limit the amount of medical trained officers. I would even  love to see (if possible in dev) a uniform showing who is a medical trained officer. There could even be a hierarchy as such, for higher ranked EMS that are also PD. A lead medical officer for example. 

I agree that we still shouldn't receive medical life alert calls, and let the scene's naturally occur as and when we come across them on patrols. The overall benefit of RP gained across the board is a win win I believe. As for the statement previously talked about in other topics. Keeping the "risk" of losing your possessions, keep some sort of penalty if you "go to the light". I believe letting this be implemented to benefit RP greatly, and look at other avenues, of mechanic's and such to give other "risks" to players lives and possessions. But that's for another topic.

Overall, I 100% agree with this and would love to see it implemented. Look forward to seeing everyone else's input.  

• Like 4

11 hours ago, Jordan.S said:

I agree that we still shouldn't receive medical life alert calls, and let the scene's naturally occur as and when we come across them on patrols. 

This is what I agree with the most. I like the concept of trained police officers being able to revive others, but if they get same calls as EMS, it kinda defeats the purpose to ever play EMS if you are whitelisted as both.

I am 100% sure that people will abuse this mechanic, as civs will just call the police if no EMS is online, but there could always be SOPs or rules against that.

I would love to see something that @Dashfere suggested actually get implemented. Great idea.

10/10

• Like 3

21 hours ago, Chan Wong said:

This is what I agree with the most. I like the concept of trained police officers being able to revive others, but if they get same calls as EMS, it kinda defeats the purpose to ever play EMS if you are whitelisted as both.

@Dashfere thought of that:

On 5/22/2019 at 4:47 PM, Dashfere said:

When EMS are available the medically trained Officers would refer medical cases to the appropriate faction but would be available to assist if the need arose.

Basically, SOP remains the same. PD does not respond to medical calls and does not transport/treat patients unless they are one of three exceptions. However, I'm not even sure these CFR cops should be able to use medical kits -- maybe just grant them more leeway for transporting. I think this might be a good middle ground, and if it's limited to certain ranks within each faction as @Serena suggested, I think that might be a decent balance.

• Thanks 1