Sensitivity Training For Police

I have an attitude at times but never when I'm working as an EMS or lawyer.  And as an EMS I was told we are to be professional at all times. Why is it that police don't get that same memo? Or do they I don't know but for some it's clearly not enforced. Is this some type of shitty cop RP cause the way I've been spoken to and have seen others spoken to is just absolute BS. Especially when I'm doing something as simple as fixing my car or checking on someone. There's a way to speak to people. Go have some babies if you want to be an asshole and boss people around. If you want to close down 2/6 whatever do your thing a simple Person please fix your car and vacate the lot were shutting down is so easy you can do it in your sleep! A stank ass attitude and a fix your car and leave the lot now is a no go and it will get you nowhere. Respect is to be given both ways. Idc about your gun, taser, cuffs, or your big boys bravado there's a way to speak to people. Further antagonizing people by refusing them simple things like knowing their prison time or what their being charged for is garbage. So is giving their lawyers a few minutes to clock in, get, dressed, and drive all the way to Paleto bay cause they called you a name. Screaming and talking over people is unnecessary. I'm sure you know how a conversation works. Telling people to stfu and back away from the scene is uncalled for.Then when we don't respond like puppies with our tails between our legs there you go with the excessive force and locking people up because we reciprocated that same energy you just gave us. When did everything become a lawful order? Maybe a clear list of our rights so we know what we can and can't do when police are near. Like for example when we can and cant pull out our phones and record. Telling everyone to get in their cars and leave and move a block away for a traffic stop is excessive. Also punishing people cause you can't catch someone is nonsense. That's not my job. "Well tell us where he is." If I'm snitching put me on the payroll. I want snitch bucks if that's what I'm doing. This is not all cops by any means. A lot of cops just do their job and go off on their way. Some even go the extra mile and joke around with us build a bit of rapport while answering a call and it's great! Those cops really make me feel like the job will get done and I can count on them. It's a select few who seem to constantly get power hungry. It's a badge, you're not Iron Man. And talking to EMS like their your footmen needs to stop. You're a cop, what happened to holding yourselves to a higher standard? 

• Like 2

I stand by this entirely. Some cops in the city definitely make us feel the RP and the immersion is so much better but then when you cross certain lines on how you speak to people and on how you address people it starts to give cops a bad reputation. The disrespect isnt needed and I get that everyone is just doing their job but respecting every civ no matter what should be a priority in the community. There may be a few who maybe arent in the mood to deal with shit at the time but theres no need to dish it out on other civs. I believe we all want the respect we think we deserve and we should also give it back to everyone the same way. 

• Like 1

Here are your civilian rights. As it says, if you feel you are being treated improperly, request a supervisor. If there isn't one or you are still dissatisfied, file an IA. You are bringing up a genuine issue but it would be more helpful to Snr PD to have an IA with specific names, events and VIDEO if possible.

• Thanks 2

7 minutes ago, Mia said:

Here are your civilian rights. As it says, if you feel you are being treated improperly, request a supervisor. If there isn't one or you are still dissatisfied, file an IA. You are bringing up a genuine issue but it would be more helpful to Snr PD to have an IA with specific names, events and VIDEO if possible.

Yes I'm going to. I just recently got a body cam but i have some of it for todays incident i was also just putting it in as a suggestion and feedback cause they need some type of training cause at this point a handful of them are just regular civs playing with a badge on. 

• Like 2

This is not the correct way to handle this type of issue.  Please file an IA and it will be looked into by Sr. PD staff.  If you feel it's beyond PD and more of a player problem then please file a Player Report and the admin team will look into it.

• TiLLeR locked this topic