My thoughts on Badlands 2.0

Badlands has been by far the best, and most stable server I have played on. That being said, there are a few issues that I am worried about in regards to the changes being implemented in 2.0.

I really only have two concerns when it comes to the new restrictions being added:

First of all, I am very apprehensive about Server 1 and 2 disappearing. One of the worst things is coming online, and seeing that there is an hour+ long queue to get into the server. I immediately close my client and move on to something else. I am afraid that removing that extra space could be detrimental to getting into the server in a reasonable amount of time. Sure, the white-list will cut some of the population, and sure, maybe that will alleviate some wait time. There is just a different roleplay experience in a city that has 64 people, vs a city that has 32, and I think people should be able to choose what experience they prefer. Not to mention, there will be less ability for LSFD and LSPD officers to clock in due to the limits of officials per server.

Secondly, I'm worried about this statement: "We will be adjusting the economy to encourage players to spend less time grinding and more time blowing their money on $5,000 bottles of champagne". I think that one of the absolute best things about Badlands is if you see a person with a really nice car, a business, ect., you know that they grinded really hard, or were very smart with their money to earn their wealth. I do think that there could be some balancing done to certain jobs, but overall, I really think that the grinding for money is a positive aspect of the server.

Keep in mind that Badlands is good because of it's uniqueness, please don't dilute the server into something that just blends in with the thousands of others. Let people work for their money, and let there be enough room for all of us to play without waiting forever to do so.

Thanks for taking the time to read my opinions. I'm open to any comments that anyone else may have!

47 minutes ago, Oddfellow said:

I am afraid that removing that extra space could be detrimental to getting into the server

Removing the extra servers is an anticipation of not having hour long queues. As with the public servers, if we have the queue to support it, we will open additional servers.

48 minutes ago, Oddfellow said:

I do think that there could be some balancing done to certain jobs, but overall, I really think that the grinding for money is a positive aspect of the server.

We will still be an economy server at our core. You will still have to work for all of your achievements, as mentioned in the announcement. The "adjustment" we mentioned involves bringing ultra-wealthy players in-line with other players, and removing the boring parts of the grind, that contribute nothing to the server.

On 7/26/2019 at 6:31 AM, speed said:

We will still be an economy server at our core. You will still have to work for all of your achievements, as mentioned in the announcement. The "adjustment" we mentioned involves bringing ultra-wealthy players in-line with other players, and removing the boring parts of the grind, that contribute nothing to the server. 

I have trouble to understand Why should ultra-wealthy players should be brough in-line with other players? I cant speak for everyone but I did dedicate 3000 hours on EMS alone in this city which made me earn quite a bit of money. It wasnt a grind but wealth is there. It does not make sense to me that money I earned, especially after giving so much of my time to Badlands, is now reduced to "in-line" with other players. Instead you should let me and other like-minded people who would use that money to create jobs for new people and assist players who willing to run real-businesses and job places that are paid from our own pocket. In other server I play, goverment gives player business owners tools to make their own businesses work and thus hire players. I would rather open bunch of small businesses with my wealth and help people and server that way, rather than just simply remove wealth from my account.

• Like 1