Words from a "gentlemen"

hyperassdude

My character is a dishonored vet, who became a hired gun while AWOL overseas. He is a agressive personally named James Philly.

I always try to role play first, like "what would Philly do" always comes to mind. 

It works well and dispite running from cops, gun fights with gangs and drug running, The agressive Philly still takes the time to make contact with new people to the city, and try and make the city that he calls home less daunting. 

The new residents of LS need to be treated better so they stay interested in the sever and having RP heavy players show them the way stop all the bullshit and frustration they have and they give.

Mind you if the dudes a bozo give him a asshole welcome party, but all you rp vets should try to lend a helping hand, and teach them how and when to do things. 

My two cents.

• Like 2
  • Confused 2

^^ This... Teach them how to RP not how to just shoot.  And don't assume 'Generic Johnny's' are bad.  Give them some time.  Help them find a new face/identity and maybe point them into some good places to start off.  If you harass them, then that's what they'll learn to do.

• Like 3

I call them Henrys, but that's my point. I met some guy yesterday named Jake. Dude was cool and needed a ride from prision. First day on the server ended up In prision and downed multiple time. He was really new to rp, so I offered him a job and explained how certain things work. 

He might not be the best role player or most unique character. At least the dude was chill and trying to learn and rp. Also put forth the effort to change his "Henry" model and buy a vehicle without blowing up OOC. 

#igotanewSoldier

• Like 2

4 hours ago, hyperassdude said:

In short, when you meet someone who is trying to rp but is new to the server, lend a helping hand instead of pulling your gun and robbing them. Mabey let them rock with you and show them how to role play on Badlands successfully.

I bet all (expect Anton) of our "veteran" players are doing this, at least what I've seen and what I do by myself. And this is a good point. If there's new players to rp, it's much more better to try to teach them the basics amd such, other than just tell them that they don't know how to rp and/or rob them etc.. This was literally my first rp server ever and I was warmly welcomed and helped even I pretty much had no glue at first how rp works.

Edited by yNzx_
fixed it.
  • Like 1