Bringing this up, again.

Summer Asher

Is the weed effect still going to cause crazy colors? 
I've also seen the flashing when you're injured... I need to look at it a bit more to see if it's a possible seizure trigger, but as I've brought it up in the past, the weed effect is.

Are we able to disable the weed effect, or at least finally add in something when you load in saying there's flashing lights or add a seizure warning?

• Like 4

I agree there should be a seizure warning on the loading screen however the visuals serve as a balance for combat heals (my own speculation)
Its a double edged sword, disadvantageous visuals or withdrawal symptoms?
If the effect was toggleable everyone would disable it and smoke weed to one up others
If you're aware of the danger, avoid it

Edited by Caralanco
  • Like 3

Honestly iv shot with the weed visual effect and it wasn't much of a hindrance for me. The big ones that REALLY affected me during situations we're blackouts and forced walk styles. So for example, Smoking meth had to be super preemptive in the timing or you'd just get tazed and arrested. Or cocaine's blackouts mid chase and the car basically totals itself.

I vividly remember kidnapping Corporal Valentino while on duty to take to a shotgun wedding, We get away and we're way down Senora Freeway by the tunnel and i blacked out because of my cocaine addiction, We ended up sending then Officer Brady out his car window since he was right behind us, And since the blackouts stopped cars dead in there tracks, He rammed us. We ended up getting tazed and arrested from there.

I think weed should just take the drunk walk styles and have that as the effect instead of this visual one. Or perhaps if possible make the screen blurred or grey scale, Just something to avoid the voodooo colour effects i think is the desired result from this post.

On 2/10/2020 at 4:11 PM, Kevin Ross said:

Honestly iv shot with the weed visual effect and it wasn't much of a hindrance for me. The big ones that REALLY affected me during situations we're blackouts and forced walk styles. So for example, Smoking meth had to be super preemptive in the timing or you'd just get tazed and arrested. Or cocaine's blackouts mid chase and the car basically totals itself.

I vividly remember kidnapping Corporal Valentino while on duty to take to a shotgun wedding, We get away and we're way down Senora Freeway by the tunnel and i blacked out because of my cocaine addiction, We ended up sending then Officer Brady out his car window since he was right behind us, And since the blackouts stopped cars dead in there tracks, He rammed us. We ended up getting tazed and arrested from there.

I think weed should just take the drunk walk styles and have that as the effect instead of this visual one. Or perhaps if possible make the screen blurred or grey scale, Just something to avoid the voodooo colour effects i think is the desired result from this post.

lol i wonder who your partner was  for that situation. ha good times

• Haha 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/12/2020 at 6:08 PM, Serpico said:

Will review. If there is no change, a warning will be added.

I really appreciate this. Even just putting in the warning. The blacking out doesn't hurt my eyes, tested already, but its bothersome, still doable. As I've said in your streams I always keep sunglasses near me in case someone I watch smokes weed or I do it, myself so it doesn't become a possible seizure trigger.

And exactly what Kevin said, it's the colors and how fast they move and stuff that can cause me to have the seizure. It's also not a withdrawal of any kind. I'm for it being used as a balance of combat heals, the same way I am with drug addictions, and I even like the new injury blackouts. 

My issue was solely the colors, and wanting to prevent other people, not only myself, who ARE vulnerable to the things, to not have a trigger.

• Like 1