Some of my personal opinions

Diesel

I just wanted to throw some of my personal opinions out here and get some feedback from others 

- Cops and EMS make way too much money i met a cop today who said he has a rumpo van, a semi truck and 50k in the bank and there servers been up for like 3-4 days ?

- Civ jobs decrease Roleplay like everyone does the windmill job because it makes the most money apparently there are so many people at the windmills that people are getting run over trying to get to there next windmill.

- I think some vehicles cost too much for example a tow truck is 40k and lets be honest cops dont really care for tows and the npc tow jobs do not pay well. I got payed 42$ for a tow.

I totally understand that this is a beta and changes are coming but i also think some of this stuff is important at this rate we will have millionaires in Badlands by the end of the week.

Edited by buttpounder420
  • Like 6

6 hours ago, Tex Wright said:

I agree. Why are cops making hundreds on duty when civs are making $15? I know the whole difference between hazard pay for officers and civs having access to other methods but that gap is way too high. Either civs need an overall pay raise or legal jobs could use a buff as well. 

yeah, i think cops should be pretty wealthy but right now i think they are making double what they should be. Everyone seems to have this mindset of "whats the quickest way to make money" instead of making money how there character would and just roleplaying. Also i dont think civs need a buff in money maybe just lower prices around them to keep prices a little more realistic.

Id just like to solidify that I agree with wages being more balanced , since realism is a big concern on the server

NYPD officers are actually paid the most out of all states in the US.
NYPD officer : 53,132 - annual salary
365 day (realistically no one would work this but its just for example)
- 145.50 a day
Engineer : 73,417 - annual salary
365 day  (realistically no one would work this but its just for example)
- 201.14 a day

By no means am I saying that civs are as important as LEO or EMS, however if we were looking for balance , it really isn't there.
Its hard to make money for tools to RP with prices at the place they are. Not to mention its hard to not just grind a job over RP when the economy is the way it is.
Yes you get the sometimes interaction with someone you run into at the job site, but so far the focus is centered around grind a job for stuff > roleplay > repeat. 
Which honestly is time consuming and doesn't really Immerse anyone when were all running around in circles doing the samething.
Its just insanely grindy, to just want to put and play a characters backstory.
Just my two cents.

Edited by Inevitable

6 hours ago, fluymer said:

I agree, but find it should be in general. Everything economic needs balancing, but they already said that they are working on it. At least the police is not able to abuse thise system by making money with their cop character and keeping the money for another character, or at least I think so

Understandable like i said but cops are making a insane about of money right now and so are ems not sure if this is 100% true but i heard that the chief ems is making 4000$ a paycheck 4000! thats stupid money and what 2 weeks down the line they decide to change it ? thats to late lol something needs to be done very soon.

I agree with point 2 and 3
Point 1 makes no sense though
$15 checks are considered welfare, enough to get by
Not something you are supposed to rely on, plenty of money to be made elsewhere
Also PD/EMS go through a lot of work to receive training + move up the ranks, not to mention they provide vital services
Plus they are not get rich quick type jobs, need to dump a lot of hours to make good money
Not saying some other non-WLed jobs dont need balancing though

Edited by Caralanco

One other thing to consider is that most Civs are just beginning on the starter jobs.  Eventually the higher end jobs will open up and the Civ income will rise drastically.  As far as I know all paychecks were adjusted at the same rate from 1.0 to 2.0.  So while cops are starting out making a decent amt of money now - I think Civs will surpass that as business start up, cocaine and other high paying jobs become available.

My hope, however, is that people take the chance to not focus on the money grind, the fancy cars, etc in 2.0  Many of the changes we made were to encourage RP and move away from the hardcore money grind many did in the 1.0 days.

• Thanks 2

I dont think prices right now are set to encourage rp its 40k for a tow truck you know what i mean ? and sure cops have to do training but they are payed to get training lol honestly at the end of the day its too much. You will have people in super cars in a week sure you cant purchase them right now but as soon as they come out tons of people will have them.

and if they truly are the same prices as 1.0 then that means you decided to change how much stuff costs but you didnt change there paychecks seems silly

Edited by gmoney

I'm not sure what you think happened but no changes have been made to cop pay since the server went live last Saturday.   I know that the Devs did a lot of testing on average price per hour each job paid when they considered what was being adjusted.  AFAIK paychecks for civs were just reduced by a % and the same adjustment was made to all level of cop pay.  That's not to say that jobs wont' be adjusted.  We are actively monitoring it and looking at some jobs already that need a tweak, but as Serpico said no money is planned to be removed from anyone.

i feel like the economy has been changed to be more realistic but the cop pay checks have not is what im trying to say. even thought they have taken the same % drop anything above like 600$ per check for higher ranking officers seems very high to me.

also i just want to note im not trying to come off as rude or disrespectful i understand the server is under development still im just trying to get my point across before i feel like its too late.

I can agree to this, making money as civs are a little bit harder. I can see why they do this because they don't want you grinding money all day and take away the RP. On the other hand there is no jobs currently in the city that requires RP with others. If there's job that requires people to start the job like the wine then we can stop worrying about people grinding money all day without doing RP.