Suggestion: Selling drugs, trucking

Mark Samson

Hey,

I've been selling weed for some time and it's getting pretty boring to go to the same one place to sell it. I thought that maybe it would be possible to make it like that you have to go up to NPC's and sell them the stuff and they'll offer different prices for 1 weed (also meth?) or something like that. I think it would add to the RP. Hope it's possible.

Also the trucking job, could add like different categories like electronics, food and stuff like that (ron tankers should still somehow be fuel) and/or show the value of the container, and if you crash the value would drop.

Hope it's possible

Edited by Mark Samson
Spelling mistake

2 hours ago, Mark Samson said:

Hey,

I've been selling weed for some time and it's getting pretty boring to go to the same one place to sell it. I thought that maybe it would be possible to make it like that you have to go up to NPC's and sell them the stuff and they'll offer different prices for 1 weed (also meth?) or something like that. I think it would add to the RP. Hope it's possible.

It's definitely possible, I know another server has a mechanic like this already.

It's something we can likely implement in the future once some of our other plans are built out.

2 hours ago, Mark Samson said:

Also the trucking job, could add like different categories like electronics, food and stuff like that (ron tankers should still somehow be fuel) and/or show the value of the container, and if you crash the value would drop.

I thought about doing this when I was working on trucking, but as anyone that has completed the driving test knows, the locals aren't exactly the best drivers.

Without a damage penalty, adding different deliveries doesn't really make much sense, as people will always take the highest paying option.

I like the randomness of trucking routes and cargo. That way it doesn't matter what truck stop you go to and it makes nice loops sometimes. I also thought dmg to trailer did reduce pay? Seems like it pays by the mile? Most trailers are similar in weight and handling, however the RON fuel tanker is very heavy and slow. Tops out at 40 if your lucky. Also since it is highly explosive and hazardous cargo IMO it should pay out 15-30% more then other trailers. Not sure if the value of specific trailers can be changed, @speed

• Like 3

14 hours ago, Merr Kahn said:

I like the randomness of trucking routes and cargo. That way it doesn't matter what truck stop you go to and it makes nice loops sometimes. I also thought dmg to trailer did reduce pay? Seems like it pays by the mile? Most trailers are similar in weight and handling, however the RON fuel tanker is very heavy and slow. Tops out at 40 if your lucky. Also since it is highly explosive and hazardous cargo IMO it should pay out 15-30% more then other trailers. Not sure if the value of specific trailers can be changed, @speed

Correct, the pay is solely distance based, not accounting for damage or anything else.

I'd like to add some additional challenge to it at some point, like damage and time restrictions.

• Like 2