Taxi question

BetterDeadThanZed

I would like to see a meter in a taxi, were the driver would set the rate on it. Informing the passenger of the rate, (They would enter the $$$ amount per mile into meter). Best if there would be a display that both driver and passenger would see. At the end of the ride the driver would charge the passenger (sort of like a cop giving a fine). Maybe if the driver can lock the doors in back stopping the passengers from leaving until they pay? This would make me want to taxi more often. I have had too many passenger just run away laughing when we get to destination.   

• 1 month later...

I think the most asked questions for many starting cabbies is, what a reasonable price would be.
In terms of time spent [300/minute] compared to other jobs (like hunting) where the hourly wage is around 21000/hour (/60=350 or so per minute).
Could easily choose $/miles driven, cause I think distance seems more important than time in this here case, an experienced cabby knows some clever shortcuts and can earn more in less time due to his or her driving-skills.

You decide what seems more reasonable. 

But that's just me :)

*Edit: also consider the cost of the cab itself that has to be recouped after its initial purchase*

Edited by Jonathan Jacobs
Extra information added
  • Like 1