stolen cars and trunks

Kilo

lately ive been having some fun stealing some civs cars and i have a few suggestions an reasons why some thing would improve if changed 

1- when a player vehicle has been properly stolen ,  the thief should at the bare minimum have a % chance to see the whole or partial content of the trunk.

2- once the vehicles ignition has been compromised , everyone should be able to start up the engine and drive it

3- if your vehicle gets chopped , recover it , seems weird everytime i steal someone car , they kinda dont care and just pull it out again ,,,,,,

Access to the trunk is a big one for me . Most ppl just throw everything they own in a trunk then just leave their cars anywhere they want , litter the city without any real repercussion to being lazy. This would also promote ppl to use housing storage and actualy give you a reason to buy a house that has storage. STOP being lazy / garage  your car / hide it or store your things properly! Will also give some nice rp related to petty theft.

*ems and police should be excluded to avoid them becoming loot boxes 

PLZ share your thoughts ,thank you -Kilo Woods 

• Like 5

I like the general idea of people being more careful of where and in what conditions they leave there cars. Like you said people just leave it around because they can just go to a garage and pull it out again without any sort of punishment or repercussion. Good ideas, I'm sure its something that can be worked around but not a priority IMO. 

I also see people have a "drug" car where they pull a car out take X amount of drugs and then put the car away. Would be cool to maybe see a waiting time to put cars away as well. Hard to catch a car with drugs that is not visible.

For EMS and PD maybe have a secure spot for parking. Hire security to watch the cars?

• Like 1

The reason people use their trunks instead of their own houses, is because all the trunks combined might be around 1000 KG of storage or more. If you buy a house, you only get a max of 290 KG from the most expensive home. The only way I see this working is if the government adds Storage Facilities to be put around the city or at least, reverse the whole thing. Make houses able to store more than what they do now. 

On another note, "Drug" cars are very usefull on the day to day criminal life, as it aids illegal money making activities. It's not just about being lazy, it's about wanting to just make money and disregard the RP for that time being, so they can enjoy RP fully afterwards. This discussion leads to a much more complicated subject, which is the massive grind people have to go through to make enough money for their characters to be what they were supposed to be. 

The abandoned cars that I see scattered around are mostly at parking lots, and that's completely real for me, as normally parking lots might have abandoned vehicles, you never know. 

It has come to my understanding that chopping local player cars is not supposed to be a thing, I thought they were working on removing that issue. 

As for trunk access, I don't like it. Imagine this: A new player just hopped into the city. He buys a $2000 dollar van and $7000 dollars worth of coca leaves. After making the coke, on his way to the city, he gets robbed. Two criminals step out of their car and point guns to this civilian's head and steal his van. BOOM. They open the trunk and get his stuff. If it was me, I would be pretty pissed, especially if I just lost the stuff I just invested all of my money on. This also has a little bit to do with the grind.

This is a game, let's not forget that. Some things are made easy for a reason. 

Edited by Razec

1 hour ago, Razec said:

As for trunk access, I don't like it. Imagine this: A new player just hopped into the city. He buys a $2000 dollar van and $7000 dollars worth of coca leaves. After making the coke, on his way to the city, he gets robbed. Two criminals step out of their car and point guns to this civilian's head and steal his van. BOOM. They open the trunk and get his stuff. If it was me, I would be pretty pissed, especially if I just lost the stuff I just invested all of my money on. This also has a little bit to do with the grind.

This is a game, let's not forget that. Some things are made easy for a reason. 

Heres a idea , dont drive around with all your coca leaves, dont make all your cocaine in one big batch , prepare for the worst. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Kilo said:

Heres a idea , dont drive around with all your coca leaves, dont make all your cocaine in one big batch , prepare for the worst. 

New players might not have that same kind of mentality, it certainly depends. All I'm saying, some measures should be put in place to prevent some of the newer player base to not leave the server, in case something like that happens. It's a concern of mine, personally. Although, it's just my opinion.  

Even through RP, you live and learn what's good and what's not good. Sometimes getting robbed is apart of the RP if you are not careful. You are not wrong, the storage capabilities could be improved, and I'm a +1 for that, so long as the storage is scattered still and they can be searched if enough evidence provides it or even from a criminal side, could be robbed, with of course measures to allow for a counter to the robbing. 

Edit: Balance is always the key. 

Edited by vDrop
  • Like 1