Boombox

Coach

I played on another server that had these boomboxes and it was great. You buy it from the store and place it down and can put in a youtube link to play music. Not all music works due to embedding and copyrights but a decent amount of links will work. It has volume control aswell. It can also even play some youtube live streams. 

https://forum.cfx.re/t/release-youtube-boombox/788964

This could lead to some cool rp such as player run live radio stations, news radio, "CDs" people can distribute with the youtube code, easily DJ parties, etc

• Like 3

Cool Concept and idea; but I feel it won't benefit much and like Storrent stated, it just encourages micspam per-say.

I'm thinking of a danger danny or something, putting one in a bush and making it hidden then maxing the volume, then you need to find it and so forth; doesn't sound like fun.
I will state this would be useful, for Vanilla Unicorn and other places like Bahama Mama's and so forth in the regards to parties. I wouldn't have a problem with it as long as, there
is restrictions in-place on when and how you may use it; for now I'm going to remain neutral.

• Like 1

Whenever someone plays music at an event, I just mute/turn them WAY down on TS - with this there isn't that option locally. 

Too often the music dominates the scene and it's a strain to have any sort of convo in the general area (ie: notice how most people are OUTSIDE of Vanilla Unicorn rather than inside when there is a DJ?) 

I do think it would be amazing if it was a static item at some places that could be turned on/off and played recorded community created content only - people could do podcasts, talk shows, run commercials for business, etc.. 

But for music that's a hard pass for me. 

4 hours ago, Fawn said:

I'm thinking of a danger danny or something, putting one in a bush and making it hidden then maxing the volume, then you need to find it and so forth

then they get dealt with like any other person who is going to mic spam and be toxic in the community.

3 hours ago, Siruss said:

Too often the music dominates the scene

thats because people dont realize how loud their music is currently with how they play it through teamspeak. Everybody in game hears it the same volume and there is a volume control so it would actually get rid of that issue. 

3 hours ago, Siruss said:

I do think it would be amazing if it was a static item at some places that could be turned on/off and played recorded community created content only - people could do podcasts, talk shows, run commercials for business, etc.. 

there is already several around the map, 2 i know of are at grove culdesac and the carwash on brogue. If this plugin were to be added im sure devs would be able to place them at appropriate spots and just not make them available for players to place down.

5 hours ago, Storrent said:

No, thanks. Micspam's bad enough

i havent heard anybody mic spamming in a long time, usually everyone tells them to shut up or leave. If they want to do it theyll do it regardless of the boombox.

if you want a player run radio station there is a better way to do it. Rather than stream youtube links you can actually stream a radio station into one of the radio slots in the car, it can be hosted externally on say a shoutcast server and url linked into a slot or you can pre record on to a file format accepted by fivem/gta (can't remember off the top of my head )  pre recorded uses server bandwidth so not recommended :)

• Like 1