Reduce speed for the DOC transport F150.

Razec

Howdy folks!

This feedback stands as a critic to the sheer speed of the DOC F150 Truck. Last night, me and my boys were trying to execute a ambush on a Prison Transport headed to Bolingbroke Penitentiary. Unfortunately, due to the Super Car level speed of the DOC F150, we were unable to catch up to the vehicle, as it offroaded and got to the prison as fast as possible. Sincerely, this situation takes away the main purpose for a transport, which is, in my interpretation, to give way for a ambush and allow criminals to coordinate in order to save their friends. The speed of the truck, however, compared to the kind of vehicles that we were using to attempt a break out, was highly uneven, rendering us uncapable of catching up to the main vehicle. Therefore, this suggestion comes in a way to attempt a fix in that given scenario, by possibly reducing the speed and acceleration of the F150, thus making it more realistic. Otherwise, we might have to purchase Super Cars in order to break out Prisoners. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Razec said:

Howdy folks!

This feedback stands as a critic to the sheer speed of the DOC F150 Truck. Last night, me and my boys were trying to execute a ambush on a Prison Transport headed to Bolingbroke Penitentiary. Unfortunately, due to the Super Car level speed of the DOC F150, we were unable to catch up to the vehicle, as it offroaded and got to the prison as fast as possible. Sincerely, this situation takes away the main purpose for a transport, which is, in my interpretation, to give way for a ambush and allow criminals to coordinate in order to save their friends. The speed of the truck, however, compared to the kind of vehicles that we were using to attempt a break out, was highly uneven, rendering us uncapable of catching up to the main vehicle. Therefore, this suggestion comes in a way to attempt a fix in that given scenario, by possibly reducing the speed and acceleration of the F150, thus making it more realistic. Otherwise, we might have to purchase Super Cars in order to break out Prisoners. 

+1B . That thing hauls ass, and defeats the purpose of RP for both sides when Crims have no choice but to buy a Super Car to catch up. Unless PD got so weird shit underneath the hood, that car pretty much has a huracan engine with a F-150 body LOL. Needs a nerf for sure

To be fair, driving an 18 wheeler trying to catch a F350 isn't really an issue with the F350. While I entirely agree it is too fast, it also needs to be to an extent the exact reason you want it nerfed it was never intended to be a slow vehicle. It needs to efficient and safe to transport individuals from point A to B and the extra speed allows it to be evasive during attacks. Trust me when I say this plenty of non super cars have caught up and intervened.

And while a reason we transport is yes it gives criminals a chance to break out friends it's mainly for me a chance to interact more with the individuals and in simpler terms allow corrections officer to actually do their jobs other than being stationed solely in the prison.

3 hours ago, Razec said:

Howdy folks!

I agree its too fast but crims also always use the fastest cars to ambush. Also the purpose of the transport is to get the crim to the prison not to allow a bunch of you to outnumber the DOC and rescue your friend ? In all the ambushes i have been apart of not once the crims lost, the have more people, better guns and better cars, dont see the DOC and cops here asking for those nerfs. I enjoy the transports and yes theres always a chance of a fun ambush but complaining when it doesnt go your way sounds more that you want a nerf out of salt rather out of fairness. Its not fun when you transport alone and get ambushed but several crims...its like great they got their rp and i got none, makes me want to clock out or simple dont leave the prison then no transports get done ? 

4 hours ago, Naja said:

I agree its too fast but crims also always use the fastest cars to ambush. Also the purpose of the transport is to get the crim to the prison not to allow a bunch of you to outnumber the DOC and rescue your friend ? In all the ambushes i have been apart of not once the crims lost, the have more people, better guns and better cars, dont see the DOC and cops here asking for those nerfs. I enjoy the transports and yes theres always a chance of a fun ambush but complaining when it doesnt go your way sounds more that you want a nerf out of salt rather out of fairness. Its not fun when you transport alone and get ambushed but several crims...its like great they got their rp and i got none, makes me want to clock out or simple dont leave the prison then no transports get done ? 

No one here is talking about winning or losing, it's about making it fair play. 

• Like 1

I just wanted to bring up this discussion in order for it to be known. 

4 hours ago, Knox said:

If you have a vehicle that you think is over/under performing please post it in the Handling feed back thread that way i can keep track of them. 

But I will redirect this post there. 

It's all about balance overall, whilst I do understand the DOC side of things, everything is shared. When the show hits the road, cops will be left slightly vulnerable, DOC will have to adapt (but not by activating jetpack turbo) and criminals will engage in a small window to get things done. The criticism here only covers the fact that we barely had a chance to do anything. It's not about taking it home, as a win or lose scenario. It felt like "meh, why should we even try to do this?". 

• Like 1