Finger Prints - Discussion

WTFjamie

3 minutes ago, ZaxxYs said:

So very short for you, we were all blacked out (no skin showing), stolen cars, voice changers, did a Vangelicos, got away, 2 guys were being chased by foot, came back, got into a shootout, won the shootout, got away, we all have warrants, 6 cops show up to grab Duke for the warrant. What is the counter play? None. That is pretty much what happened. :) Love you bro ❤️ 

I’ve got 1 question and 1 suggestion and please don’t think I’m being snarky.  

1 did you get to keep all the jewels?

2 why come back and get in a shootout?

• Like 1

Just now, DrJBruh said:

I’ve got 1 question and 1 suggestion and please don’t think I’m being snarky.  

1 did you get to keep all the jewels?

We got away so yes, we kept the jewels. We are a gang, a family, im not going to let one of my members go to jail for 5 years if I see an opportunity to break him out. There was 5 cops and 4 of us, we wanted to try and get him out and so we did.

9 minutes ago, DrJBruh said:

We were part of the initial situation. I see it as the same function in server as breaking someone out of the prison bus. Isn't that why you offer it to criminals to give the RP opportunity? They had him in custody and we went to break him out. Just with cruisers instead of a Bus with a lead and follow car. I guess I don't see the difference between the two scenarios. 

Let's try and keep things civil. This is a suggestion section after all.

I agree that there needs to be more done on the PD side to make an arrest if they're going to use the bullet case route. However, on that same note it simply isn't fair that everytime a criminal decides to get dressed up and wear gloves the cops shouldn't have options to investigate. 

From spending a significant amount of time on this server I can tell you that having this system in place is far better than having no system at all. It can be looked into from a dev level but perhaps giving some kind of percentage chance if someone is wearing gloves to decrease those chances. That way, neither side feels completely cheated out of gaining any sort of RP from it. 

To be fair to police, 9 times out of 10 a gang will get in a shootout, casing's will be put into evidence, it'll be looked into and nothing ever comes of it. Contrary to what it is 305 believe, there is a HELL of a lot more that goes into investigative work than just "ok, we got a positive match on the casing, let's get a warrant out" This is the first time I'm seeing any form of complaint about it, and from what I'm reading; this is clearly down to a particular incident that occurred. I suggest IA's if you feel as if something was done incorrectly.

Whilst I agree that some changes need to happen to make the process more realistic/more RP based, it'll be best to wait and see if this is going to be a continued issue within the server.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Sheev said:

Let's try and keep things civil. This is a suggestion section after all.

I agree that there needs to be more done on the PD side to make an arrest if they're going to use the bullet case route. However, on that same note it simply isn't fair that everytime a criminal decides to get dressed up and wear gloves the cops shouldn't have options to investigate. 

From spending a significant amount of time on this server I can tell you that having this system in place is far better than having no system at all. It can be looked into from a dev level but perhaps giving some kind of percentage chance if someone is wearing gloves to decrease those chances. That way, neither side feels completely cheated out of gaining any sort of RP from it. 

To be fair to police, 9 times out of 10 a gang will get in a shootout, casing's will be put into evidence, it'll be looked into and nothing ever comes of it. Contrary to what it is 305 believe, there is a HELL of a lot more that goes into investigative work than just "ok, we got a positive match on the casing, let's get a warrant out" This is the first time I'm seeing any form of complaint about it, and from what I'm reading; this is clearly down to a particular incident that occurred. I suggest IA's if you feel as if something was done incorrectly.

Whilst I agree that some changes need to happen to make the process more realistic/more RP based, it'll be best to wait and see if this is going to be a continued issue within the server.

I agree with you and im happy that you are taking your time to read this whole thing. I also believe that cops get the chance to catch the criminal in the spot, one of us got caught, why wasnt his ID checked? That would make more sense because they would realize he is part of 305, why not go back and try to find where the cars came from? Where they got stolen from? At what time? That is good RP Detective work not pick up 1 casing in the middle of 300 and automatically link 2 guys to the whole scenario. Yes this is based on 1 particular scenario because we spent hours getting everything ready to not have anything come back to 305 and it still did, its frustrating to not have any way out. its also been the first shootout we have had in a month or so, we dont do this often and when we do we try and do it the best we can. And we look at it from this perspective exactly because of it, we never do anything like this, when we do, we get warrants for a bullet case and we instantly think "that is not balanced" so we come here and we suggest to talk about it. That is all. 

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, ZaxxYs said:

I agree with you and im happy that you are taking your time to read this whole thing. I also believe that cops get the chance to catch the criminal in the spot, one of us got caught, why wasnt his ID checked? That would make more sense because they would realize he is part of 305, why not go back and try to find where the cars came from? Where they got stolen from? At what time? That is good RP Detective work not pick up 1 casing in the middle of 300 and automatically link 2 guys to the whole scenario. Yes this is based on 1 particular scenario because we spent hours getting everything ready to not have anything come back to 305 and it still did, its frustrating to not have any way out. its also been the first shootout we have had in a month or so, we dont do this often and when we do we try and do it the best we can. And we look at it from this perspective exactly because of it, we never do anything like this, when we do, we get warrants for a bullet case and we instantly think "that is not balanced" so we come here and we suggest to talk about it. That is all. 

Then you're referring to a specific scenario. The way police conduct investigative work is not what you're suggesting. Like I said, if you feel you were wronged in a scenario involving this in particular, then I encourage you to file an IA. 

Edited by Sheev

1 hour ago, Richie Jax said:

I’m saying there is a counter to it, you said there is literally no counter. Another counter is also not to shoot down 5 cops to breakout the 1 person that was caught. The majority of times shootouts happen, cops are shot down and no evidence is collected and nothing comes from it. Occasionally it does and we get enough to validate an arrest, that’s RP for cops, we can collect evidence, put the pieces together and execute a type of arrest we go through hours of training to understand how to execute properly. Our RP is more then just negotiating for hostages and shooting people, we put in the work to collect and process evidence, get a warrant, find said person and execute an arrest. You may not see this side of it, and this is a level of RP for beyond just getting into shootouts. Could evidence be tweaked a bit? Maybe, as with everything else in the server it will always be evolving and changing. But if you want to think realistically what is the probability of a group of robbers coming back and attacking an entire police force to break out one member of the team who was caught? 

yes we could stay and collect the casings but how realistic is that as it was already stated we have just gunned down cops our next priority is to get our boy and dip before the whole force shows up, as far as a rework it could be something that might be needed and rather than just reworking it and be done with it why not sit with someone who may have the knowledge of that kind of work and pick their brain for ideas im sure there is someone with some kind of expierence lurking around in this great community.

the probability is actually pretty high for that crew to return for their boy? why because we put in so much time to make sure we were not recognized we had stolen cars and the people who spoke were people not very well known, why the return to get him? easy 1. constant communication and knew where he was. 2. so he couldnt be tied to 305.

at the end of the day so much time went in to prepairing to make sure we were not going to get caught or noticed yet due to one print we did.

now as someone who has literally played a cop character for over 6 years i can see both sides but if its a fact of 1 single casing gives you 1 print that is not enough for an arrest.

one city i was in had a pretty good system when it came to finger print collection.

each civillian was assigned a fingerprint number for example 123456789

crime scene 1 you recieve a casing marked ??3??6?89 - now this is only a partial match but enough to start and investigation

crime scene 2 you recieve a casing marked 1?3??6789 - this is enough to question/interogate the suspect

crime scene 3 you recieve a casing marked 123456789 - this is not only enough to arrest your suspect but also potentially hit them for the other 2 crime scenes.

• Like 1

I was not around for the shooting, did not even arrive after the shooting but I was there when Duke Kaboom was picked up, so what I'm about to say doesn't pertain to this specific case.

The level of RP depth that some groups go through is commendable but most robberies/shootouts/hostage situations are the same thing over and over and over again. I actually find the gathering of evidence / investigative work to be some of the most interesting (I personally have not done it yet so I could be 100% wrong on this) but from an outside perspective looking in, they put in a LOAD of work.

Now this situation from what I have gathered.... IF lawyers were available the amount of RP that could of come out of this would of be fantastic. The problem was stated before and I agree EMS are also treated this way by majority of people. Lawyers are not used as lawyers.... they are literally only requested in hopes of getting jail times/restitution lowered. I can't remember the last time a lawyer even threw a random excuse out of why their client did or didn't do said crime.

40 minutes ago, Sheev said:

Then you're referring to a specific scenario. The way police conduct investigative work is not what you're suggesting. Like I said, if you feel you were wronged in a scenario involving this in particular, then I encourage you to file an IA. 

An IA of what? I have no proof of how it was done, we took all the precautions we could and we still had warrants because of bullet casings. We dont know what happened nothing was explained to us. That is why we are here. And there is a court case coming as well because of RP stuff regarding this situation as well. 

6 minutes ago, CKFord said:

I was not around for the shooting, did not even arrive after the shooting but I was there when Duke Kaboom was picked up, so what I'm about to say doesn't pertain to this specific case.

The level of RP depth that some groups go through is commendable but most robberies/shootouts/hostage situations are the same thing over and over and over again. I actually find the gathering of evidence / investigative work to be some of the most interesting (I personally have not done it yet so I could be 100% wrong on this) but from an outside perspective looking in, they put in a LOAD of work.

Now this situation from what I have gathered.... IF lawyers were available the amount of RP that could of come out of this would of be fantastic. The problem was stated before and I agree EMS are also treated this way by majority of people. Lawyers are not used as lawyers.... they are literally only requested in hopes of getting jail times/restitution lowered. I can't remember the last time a lawyer even threw a random excuse out of why their client did or didn't do said crime.

I agree with you 100% and I support RP for both sides, but you telling me that 300+ bullets casings were picked up analyzed in 5 minutes? And the great minds of PD put together the whole scenario and linked it to this one guy in 5 minutes? There is more behind it. And please lets never forget this is a videogame, and a videogame needs and has to be balanced so all parties have fun. 

15 minutes ago, CoryGraves said:

So, if gloves was a thing to prevent fingers prints.. why would you ever not have gloves on?

New meta would be every criminal gloves 100% of the time.

Not necessarily but fingerprints out of bullets casings are VERY rare, tell me you got my finger prints from the cases at Vangelicos I can understand more, maybe if you do a robbery with gloves on there is a 1/5 chance PD gets finger prints in the location and a 100% chance to get finger prints if they use no gloves. Maybe make it the same odds with guns, bullets. But bullets casings?? After being shot? That is a 1/10000 and more importantly leaves 0 options for crims to be incognito, there are other investigations PD can do to try and find out who they were. People rob the same things over and over and over everyday. Make the CD longer. Make it 3 hours. Lets see if that works and PD doesnt get bored and clock off. There are things that can be done, but it needs to be balanced for both parties. I have not been doing crime lately but every time I have done something in the past 5 times something happens where I just dont have fun. Maybe I should just limit myself to go to Elgin Mechanic and dance while I wait to repair a car. Thanks for sharing your thoughts bro.❤️ 

3 hours ago, ZaxxYs said:

I agree that you guys need that other side of the RP but at least make it that it takes time to get finger prints?? It took 5 minutes for you guys to examine 300 casings? Find 1 partial fingerprint and pinned everything to him because of that? Once again, its a game, it has to be balanced, whats the point on wearing gloves and changing cars and etc etc, and realistically we should all be dead after a shootout lmao. Its a game it needs to be balanced, and im not afraid of speaking my mind and talking about the things I believe are broken.

3 hours ago, ZaxxYs said:

So very short for you, we were all blacked out (no skin showing), stolen cars, voice changers, did a Vangelicos, got away, 2 guys were being chased by foot, came back, got into a shootout, won the shootout, got away, we all have warrants, 6 cops show up to grab Duke for the warrant. What is the counter play? None. That is pretty much what happened. :) Love you bro ❤️ 

First off on the bullet casings, it's more put into it then 5 mins.

5 minutes will lead you to failure, if you don't know what you are doing.

Second, this is when IA's come in. And other avenues of RP. If you were wearing gloves then how would they know? I get what your saying but it relies on the officer to review the evidence before doing a warrant.

If this issue is routinely done file IA's this way, itll be looked into and people correct those mistakes.

Back to bullet casings: it's already random on impartial and full prints. Personally with me if I had one bullet but nothing else, I'd scrap it or put a bolo out.

Edited by OnlyHarper

3 hours ago, OnlyHarper said:

Back to bullet casings: it's already random on impartial and full prints. Personally with me if I had one bullet but nothing else, I'd scrap it or put a bolo out.

I actually agree with this. I’m not in PD so I don’t know much about their process, and I’ve only been arrested once on my crim, but if I had to put myself in this situation I would definitely of put a BOLO out, or tried to contact the person it was connected to so that I could ask questions. I wouldn’t of put a warrant out because who knows, technically the gun used could of been stolen after it was loaded. Ya know open up some rp options.

• Like 3