Server Wipe

Personally, I would love a nice refresh and server wipe. Would only see that being a possibility if we have a huge update with reworks etc. And with how development currently is, ideas are brought up, discussed, tested and implemented constantly so that 'huge update' doesn't fit into our development path. However, we can continue to work on the economy and let it balance more naturally by introducing new things, taking things away and changing certain aspects and for the server right now, I think that is the best way forward.

• Like 4

7 hours ago, Budal said:

What would be the point of the wipe?

One of the biggest turn off I’ve noticed with new players is when they find out how much money everyone has. They view it as how can we compete with people who have had almost 3 years to grow. 

maybe not a Full Reset but an Economy wipe?

Edited by Lane2G

No to a server wipe for the same reasons as above, yes to helping to build the economy - but I also don't think a eco wipe will help with that either in the long run. 

edit: also for what its worth - me & my friend group are all v new to the server and none of us have found money making particularly hard, nor is it demotivating to see people with "so much more money" driving around. between the 6 of us who joined together, in the span of about a week and a half, we've probably made close to a million dollars with like 5-9 hour sessions, and that's without grinding this shit. we ask for info, receive it and use it, which is how it should be done. the only possible change i can think of is making some of the jobs more fun/interrative, like fishing/metal refinement/peach picking/etc.

Edited by fryinqpan
more stuff x
  • Like 1

I can't speak as anything other than a newer member but:

I've not actually found it that difficult to establish myself & connect with already established characters.  -1 to whole wipe

Money isn't the worst to make once you find your footing & find out where things are and how it all works. I also don't pay mind to anyone else's money, so that's never bothered me. The only thing that looks steep is housing prices, which isn't even a necessity- the $125 could be upped but I don't know how plausible that is.

I'm not 100% against the econ wipe because older members have 100x more experience, but as a newer member it would actually just kind of be more demotivating because we JUST got to a stable point in less than two weeks on the server and we'd have to redo that so soon after starting. 

• Like 3

Unless there’s a major overhaul of the entire economy I see no reason for a wipe a few weeks will go by and we’ll be right back where we are. +1 to economy wipe if it’s completely overhauled. Huge -1 to a full character wipe.

• Like 3

I feel like the economy is in a really good state in terms of inflation.  I would like to see some of the lowest paying legal jobs get an overhaul, replaced or removed all together.  Such as Engineering, Gardening and Mining.  All of those jobs make less than $6,000 /hr and burnout some of the newer players jsut trying to buy a non-beater.

8 hours ago, tay said:

Just to point out, an entire economy wipe would consist of everyone losing their assets/money. Cars, houses, personal items etc.

Burn it all to the Ground. Allow characters, Business and Established gangs to stay. even for the few Unestablished gangs they can just do it again. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, drgnchris said:

Big -1 for me.. 

I built my char up and grinded for money on my crim chars for them to be where they are now. 
There is no reason for a wipe IMO. 

Naturally, there will be a divide in opinions from veterans of the server to our newer players which is totally understandable. But I think a benefit for the new players is to finally get on the same playing field as the people with millions/assets/property etc

1 hour ago, tay said:

Naturally, there will be a divide in opinions from veterans of the server to our newer players which is totally understandable. But I think a benefit for the new players is to finally get on the same playing field as the people with millions/assets/property etc

They can build there char up too imo. Half of the new people just want to rob people etc. 

Don't really have an opinion on it, but think it's important to not be super attached to your items... it's a game in the end. The way I see it too, is if it did happen, then we're all in it together, it's not like YOU'RE the only one going through that. Would be nice to see a more "realistic" economy but I definitely don't lose sleep over it. Maybe a staging server for selected whitelisted members to play on to test patches before they go live could also be useful to what Tays mentioned where updates are done slowly rather than a monthly update full of new stuff. 

I come from Rust so naturally I learn to not get attached to items, and I'm also used to monthly big updates, where you can test these updates before hand on staging servers. The staging server (if economy wipe was to happen) would be useful to see if a certain new job is too easy to "farm", which would obviously just fuck up the economy again. Feedback would be given and it'd be subject to change before going live on the main server.

On 5/26/2022 at 1:41 AM, McKenna West said:

Can you explain why the -1?

I didn't actually -1 anything. I'm just suggesting I disagree with the idea. I'm not exactly rich, but even so - have busted my butt to get where I am, And frankly I feel that the city would not benefit from everyone being pocket wiped, rather it'd just anger most people in my opinion. Would be beneficial for the economy... Buuuuuut people tend to get upset when their work is taken away. Just my 0.02$.

• Like 4

11 hours ago, Johnny Silverhand said:

I didn't actually -1 anything. I'm just suggesting I disagree with the idea. I'm not exactly rich, but even so - have busted my butt to get where I am, And frankly I feel that the city would not benefit from everyone being pocket wiped, rather it'd just anger most people in my opinion. Would be beneficial for the economy... Buuuuuut people tend to get upset when their work is taken away. Just my 0.02$.

I understand and agree with your point, but you did write -1 lol

On 5/28/2022 at 6:39 AM, tay said:

How does someone having a lot of money affect the experience of a new player with no money? Except make it harder because instead of the newer groups grinding for money literally the whole server will be.