Government Vehicle Repairs...

lords8n

Recently it was mandated that restaurant workers should not open their store to just obtain food for themselves when another restaurant is currently open in order to promote more RP.

Can we apply this same philosophy to repairing government vehicles?

EMS and PD can repair their vehicles in their garages. And from my queries to other mechanic shops, as well as looking at the frequency of government vehicles being repaired at Hayes, it seems to me that most government employees repair their vehicles at their respective garage.

Shouldn't, to promote RP and public outreach, government employees be encouraged to have their vehicles repaired at local mechanic shops when open? Hayes Auto is two blocks away from MRPD and I rarely see a police vehicle stop in for a repair.

• Like 4

I specifically avoid mechanic shops for the most part because people can’t handle a cop car rolling up with out trying to fuck with the car or troll the officer. I don’t even like driving by Elgin mechanic at this point because chances 2 or 3 random people will run up to your car and fuck with you. +1 if people can learn not to be trolls, but from what I’ve seen this isn’t the case. 

• Like 1

I'm of two minds on this. I'm always going to vote for the thing that creates and inspires more interactions and role play, but there's also good reasons that emergency services have their own motor pools. Main reason being it helps us get back into service quicker.

I'll always make an effort to stop at repair shops whenever I need a repair, and I know we encourage that in our cadets as well, but I understand that might need some reinforcement.

I'm a +1 on some sort of change to the system. However, if there is a change, I'd rather it rewards those that make the effort to interact with others instead of punishing the ones that do not.

Sure, if

• There is always a mechanic shop open within a short distance of any police station
  • There is no jumping or attacking cop cars, getting in cop cars, or trolling cops when going into a mechanic 
  • There is no crime that was recently committed by the group that runs said mechanic 
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, HwRusty said:

+1

I feel like there is a massive difference between Hayes and Elgin. Feel like cops avoid mechanic shops due to the amount of people that mess around at Elgin with there cars and things. But Hayes has always been good for government repairs.

agree with this, hell im a crim and i dont even like going to elgin, always some new elgin gang forms there and fuck around.

im one more bad conversation with one of them just coming back with a class 3 on that gang lol

would be cool to have a mech shop maybe close to PD, as a PD mechanical shop that can be run by a independant person that isnt government that main thing is to repair police vehicles 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, dmpca said:

would be cool to have a mech shop maybe close to PD...

Hayes is so close to Mission Row Police Department that the locals out front run scared for their lives whenever an officer/deputy is shooting in their firing range. Oh, and we can also hear it when they are shooting in there.

I do agree that people will mess with cops at mechanic shops, sadly. I really have tried to make Hayes a sort of green zone for everyone.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, lords8n said:

Hayes is so close to Mission Row Police Department that the locals out front run scared for their lives whenever an officer/deputy is shooting in their firing range. Oh, and we can also hear it when they are shooting in there.

I do agree that people will mess with cops at mechanic shops, sadly. I really have tried to make Hayes a sort of green zone for everyone.

hayes is one of my fav for sure, that or 305, 305 is closer, but all depends on my direction, but i steer clear of elgin, that places makes Mac wanna just commit violence

• Like 1

Deputies and Officers are always encouraged to promote public outreach, but it's also not mandatory. 

Police Stations are resupply areas. Most of the time, officers are there to grab food, ammo or armor. That said, we're also closer to the repair zones. 

If we're overwhelmed with calls, it's easier to repair at those stations since we don't have to risk having to wait for other people to get their repairs in order for us to get back on the road. 

• Like 1

Maybe IC get a contract with PD & BCSO in regards to doing repairs at your shop specifically.

A. I love Hayes, I love the RP that goes into fixing the vehicle, and the billing system was great, if the same person is there doing it. I loved that I got charged for A B and C, and was explained why.

B. Guarantee that PD won't be harassed. Ban problematic people, gangs, etc. Then I wouldn't see the problem. 

C. With a contract, at least IC it would make sense to have the skills and knowledge to work on a PD Vehicle that has been modified . In reality, it didn't make sense to go to any mechanic shop for a repair, it also discouraged officers from getting repairs and dipping to get into a chase, a bank robbery, or whatever call is happening at the moment. 

I will state I won't go to a shop if I don't trust whom is running it. Elgin has turned into a Circus once again. I'll avoid Elgin like the plague whenever I can. Its sad because the Hayes shop is honestly great. 

The amount of times a Mechanic has also been kidnapped. I think I've seen a mechanic at a Robbery more than I've seen a mechanic for my car. I just wish Gangs or Criminals would respect the mechanic shop in general. 

• Like 1