Names (HOT TAKE)

So I might get some flak on this topic but why do names have to super serious I played a character for a year first name big last name Jim (KIA) what is wrong with having a little flavor to a name instead of being super boring and going with normal name like Tom people should be able to be creative in names and being something different then a average first name and last name NO IM NOT COMPLAINING im just asking why can’t people be creative in there own right within rp    Of course within blrp rules of no racism or bigotry in character names 

Honestly, there are a lot of people with silly names already. A lot of them I have no idea how they haven't been asked to change. I don't want to feel like I'm talking to user names. I want to feel like I'm talking to people. Silly names ruin interactions for me honestly. If I wanted to talk to Miles Long.... I'd sit in a discord voice chat lmao. (I don't think that is an actual name on the server, just an example I've seen on other servers.)

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Mike Lowrey said:

Like i understand if the name had a curse word or something offensive in it but if it’s harmless why go out the way to change it

It kills the interaction and vibe to be honest. I don't understand why the player can't have "normal" legal name and then have a "nickname" to be called by people. Its honestly not even funny for 95% of the innuendo names that people try to use. 

@Zethnos There was at one point someone named Miles Long lol

@Mike Lowrey I mean I also hate names that are not unique....lol

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Mike Lowrey said:

So I might get some flak on this topic but why do names have to super serious I played a character for a year first name big last name Jim (KIA) what is wrong with having a little flavor to a name instead of being super boring and going with normal name like Tom people should be able to be creative in names and being something different then a average first name and last name NO IM NOT COMPLAINING im just asking why can’t people be creative in there own right within rp    Of course within blrp rules of no racism or bigotry in character names 

my Id says Dirty Dan but I rp him that, of course ,it isn't his real name. It's an ID fill that deliberately looks fake (somewhat within what we're able to do). Dan has a brother within city in which people can find out what his actual last name is.  

all being said, whenever I originally made the character 3+ years ago or whatever I wasn't thinking this. That's how I go about it tho.

Edited by Vega

4 hours ago, vDrop said:

It kills the interaction and vibe to be honest. I don't understand why the player can't have "normal" legal name and then have a "nickname" to be called by people. Its honestly not even funny for 95% of the innuendo names that people try to use. 

@Zethnos There was at one point someone named Miles Long lol

@Mike Lowrey I mean I also hate names that are not unique....lol

ok i agree names like mike hawk or something stupid like that but take big jim for example or big hawk or ye borne names like these dont hurt people they are just names that are unique to there own right i mean to be honest there are 6 andrew tates running around the city granted thats a famous person hell there was even another mike lowrey in the city it gets confusing thats why i support people having different names from others 

No one is born with some crazy names people use, you want a unique nickname other then your “legal” name you can RP that. You want a silly nickname then there’s nothing stopping you from introducing yourself as such while still having a legal name.

• 3 weeks later...
On 1/11/2023 at 2:01 PM, Mike Lowrey said:

Like i understand if the name had a curse word or something offensive in it but if it’s harmless why go out the way to change it

You can just do that with your nickname and that can be part of your characters story to get your guy/girl known in the city with that nickname. You really think Table Cloths legal government name is Table Cloth? Nope, but that’s what every criminal and cop knows him as. 

• Like 1