Unknown client

Ryan Estep

So, y'know how sometimes you'll withdraw a vehicle and then store it and then try to withdraw it again and it'll say it's not actually in there?

Imagine your client is the car and the server is the garage.  Sometimes, when you log off, the server doesn't register that your client has disconnected. When you try to relog, it reads that you're already in the server (even if you're not) and bounces back an error. Unfortunately, there's no way to fix this other than a server restart, which isnt that effective of a solution.

It's a really shitty lottery. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, but it's one of those things you just gotta deal with.

3 minutes ago, Bob Johnson said:

I have never had it happen like that. Mine is always when I am waiting in queue and the dots stop moving, so I closed and "reconnect". But I always just click ok and try again and it works. Maybe it's two separate issues.

yeah, its the same principle. You exit the queue but the queue still sees your client in the queue. The difference is that the queue constantly refreshes, so it takes less time to purge your info from the cache. If the queue refresh was on the same reset time frame as the server, you'd see the same issue for much longer.

Edited by BrandonM
  • Like 1

• 2 months later...

For your first issue. It's due to steam. Since FiveM uses your steam ID to start GTA with the modifications your steam ID is used to detect the client(Hints to your steam Name being your FiveM name). The solution is simple(It works for me),

1. Close FiveM  2. Change your Steam Name to something different(if your name is John Doe on BL and you want it to be the same on the In-Game that cool just make it John A. Doe) 3. Close Steam and reopen it. wait to show you online 4. Restart FiveM

After that join the server and you should be good. :D

If this doesn't work for you I don't know what will.

@Jack Coleman

Edited by NEONDEAGLE
Misspelled words